Thursday, December 23, 2010

Getting closer

Christmas is getting closer and closer and I'm so excited!!! Drew so kindly reminded me tonight that I only had 2 more nights to wrap presents so I better hurry up! So Nana and I got all our wrapping done tonight:) The tree looks stock full of presents and I feel so blessed.

Tonight was our first night of the live nativity that our church puts on and we also had a Carol Festival. It felt like the Libby Show let me tell you! First I accompanied the Cataraqui Branch choir for 3 songs that we had never practised and surprisingly it went off with a good start! Then I played organ for the congregation, then a piano solo, then more organ for the congregation, then led 2 songs with the District Choir, then more organ, then 2 more songs with the choir, accompanied Erinn while she sang O Holy Night (Amazing!!) then organ for the final song! Back and forth and back and forth! Although we didn't have many practices with the entire choir, it actually turned out and we sounded great! That always seems to happen with choir though, it always comes together! The boys went outside and got dressed in costume to play their yearly part as shepherds in a couple performances of the nativity, and Dad dressed up as a wiseman since they were short people! What a trooper! Tonight Dad asked Drew how he did and Drew started critiquing him. He said: "Well first, I'm really impressed at how willing you were to help, and second, you didn't bow at the right time!" Apparently he didn't wait for the light to bow, whatever that means! haha...thanks Drew!

Today was Taylor's birthday! I almost forgot! Last night we decorated the kitchen with streamers and hung them from her doorway too. This morning I sang to her as soon as she woke up and she was beaming! She had a new outfit too which looked totally cute! Her request was to go to Playtrium to play in the morning, then back home for lunch and a party! It was a fun day and I still can't believe she is 4!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow we don't have much planned except for a trip to the grocery store to get our remaining ingredients for turkey dinner on Saturday. I guess I have to make my pies and nana buns, and cookies for santa! So lots to do, lots to do! We also eat our annual Cheese soup in bread bowls for Christmas Eve dinner and Nana brought some legit costumes to act out the nativity so that should be fun!

I love having Nana and Grandad here! Nana has been the hugest help around the house and I'm in love with her anal ability to keep the kitchen clean all the time! THANK YOU NANA...you are seriously the best and I have big shoes to fill one day when I'm a Nana! You took care of my sick girls tonight while we were all away and I love you for that...they love you so much, will you move in please??? You are amazing and such a great example, thanks for being such a kind hearted woman and somebody I admire and strive to be like:) I love you too Grandad...your presence is comforting and I know the kids love it too...and thanks for being Sean's talking buddy!

Ok, time to sleep, lots of typing in the morning! ugh...

L

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Sorry I get first dibs on her.
And what was this post? Like remind jeni how great of a Christmas we are having without her?!
Ohhh man, I miss you guys. Drew is hilarious. Love that kid. Where are the pics from the party?
Love you guys merry Christmas eve eve!

Alysha Sladek said...

would've loved to hear you play. i bet it was great.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!