With winter and Christmas surely must come the flu…and it has hit our house! I got it a couple of Sunday’s ago and symptoms are still lingering, Drew woke up with gooby eyes the other morning and blood shot eyes all day but seems to be doing better now, Brayden has had a HIGH fever for 3 days now and hopefully is on the mend, Tay has a cough and I think is getting what I had since she crawls and creeps into bed with us every night without me knowing, and Char so far is free of sickness! Hopefully it stays that way. I keep thinking it’s a good thing it’s happening right now before Christmas, but it’s still a bummer:(
So for the past week I’ve been refinishing my kitchen table out in my cold garage and it’s starting to look awesome! I only have to glaze it now and I’m praying that it’s done by Thursday when we have some friends coming over for dinner! There is a before pic of Sean starting to sand it and now it looks BLACK and beautiful! Our kitchen however is void of a real table and we’ve been sitting at the “little red” and getting quite used to it might I add! It’s going to be a treasure to have our table back in a few days!
My sister reminded me that I hadn’t blogged about my trip to Hawaii and I thought I had because I had put a bunch of pictures on facebook, but for memory purposes I guess I should probably put the pictures on my blog! Maybe my next post will be about that, I’m too tired to do that right now.
We made caramel popcorn the other night and this was my attempt at putting it all on wax paper and pouring the caramel sauce over top to mix it all together. It was okay I guess, but a lot of the caramel sauce seeped through and stuck to the wax paper:(
Also, tonight Drew was in his “Winter Lights” concert at school and so he posed for me with his sissy before we left. They sang 3 songs and played an instrumental song and he was the drummer. He kept great rhythm! I remember when I was in 6th grade I was given the part of drummer on the snare drum for our Remembrance Day concert. I felt pretty cool, not sure I did a great job but it was tough to do a drum roll!
So now we’re all just counting down the days until Nana and Grandad get here! We have to drive down to Syracuse to pick her up and we all can’t wait! Sunday I have to put together a piano solo for our Christmas sacrament meeting, Thursday is Taylor’s birthday and the Nativity/Carol Festival at the church, Christmas Eve, and then Christmas! It’s going to be a crazy week I’m just praying that the sickness all goes away!
I’m so tired tonight. For some reason my headache has hit me hard and I’m feeling like an old lady. The plus side to tonight? Bell came by today and hooked us up with a new modem and fixed our wonky wire in the basement that was causing me so many grey hairs! Yay…so fast internet again:) I am one happy mummy!
We’re also doing 12 days of Christmas for some friends of ours that just had their car taken away from them right before Christmas and are feeling quite down in the dumps. I can’t wait to lift their spirits a little. That is one thing I love to do, give to those that are truly in need and see them receive joy from it. I have been so blessed in my life I feel like I need to focus my efforts on helping others out.
Here’s to a healthy week and some motivation to cook dinner!
L
2 comments:
Can't wait to see the table! It's going to change the look of your kitchen so much! Wish I could've been there for drew's class program. I'll bet he was great as a drummer! I remember watching him play those electronic drums with that game and he was amazing! See you in a few days!
Cook dinner for me. I need that motivation. But I am here with ya on a healthy week since next will be naughty!
I can't wait to see your table!
Post a Comment