Sigh…I have been putting this blogging business off because it’s been so long since I did…and now I feel like a big boggle brain and I don’t know what to say because there is simply too much to say! Also, when I went to put all my pictures on the computer tonight from my trip to Hawaii, I remembered that I erased them off my camera once I had put them on my laptop…so this is all I got for tonight:) I’ll have to transfer the others back onto my camera so I can put some up here on the blog.
Anyway…well my trip was amaze-balls! Seriously…SO much fun and so awesome to be by myself (well none of my kids) for 2 weeks. It was a much needed vacation that I suggest every mother take every few years because it’s a great way to let go of stress and just worry about whether or not you’ll get good weather or not! Seriously, one day Sean called me and was asking if I paid a certain bill before I left and after looking into it I got all stressed out. I didn’t know why I was so flustered when I went to sit at my usual sun chair that day until I realized that it was because I had brought myself back to reality for a moment! Don’t worry, I did pay the bill, but the due date was Sunday and so my bank didn’t pay it until Monday (1 day late) of course! Whatev…anyway it was funny after I realized that I hadn’t thought about anything that had to do with reality the whole time! I did miss my kids though and was so excited to see them on my way home! I kind of forgot what Lotti even looked like actually!
I had a long way home with 2 layovers. The first was in Phoenix where I had 2 hours to wait and the entire time I waited in the WRONG terminal! I only found out when I went to board the plane and the lady said “Um, you’re not going to Washington DC, your going to Washington Dulles…that’s in terminal 2!” Um…excuse me? You could have told me that 2 hours ago when I asked you to change my seat, and then 30 min ago when I asked you to change it again! Needless to say, I ran my butt off like a chicken with my head cut off all over the airport getting lost, waiting in security only to have my bag checked after I told them I was going to miss my flight, then to almost drop my passport as I held onto my rolly bag in one hand, laptop under my arm and camera in the other hand…purse over my shoulder flying all over the shop! As I was walking down the aisle of the plane getting to my seat, I had absolutely NO saliva left in my mouth I could barely speak and a man tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around to see him holding my passport! I guess I did drop it! I was a HOT MESS for that plane ride, but just grateful that I made it!
When I got to Syracuse my kids came running to me and Lotti was very hesitant. She slowly came into my arms and stared at me for the next 5 min. When I tried to put her down or give her to Sean she held onto me for dear life…oh baby…I love that little nugget! We stayed the night because Sean flew out the next morning for Dallas. I drove home with the kids the next day and pulled in around 5pm, exhausted, enormous headache and just happy to be home finally! When I sat down to check my email I noticed that my friend had asked me to take the choir rehearsal last night at 700. That meant play the piano and lead them (since I’m the pianist)! I was so DEAD it took everything in me to drop everything and bring my kids to the church to take care of that. It was dark outside and when we got to the church, I asked Brayden to bring my binder of music in so I could carry in my two sleeping daughters. As soon as he stepped outside the van, the wind opened the binder and blew 50 of my papers all over the parking lot! AH…so imagine seeing my two boys SLOWLY help to pick them up since they spent most of their energy screaming about the crazy wind, Lotti is standing in the middle of the parking lot in her jammies and coat and I’m frantically trying to pick things up, whilst yelling at them to get it together and start picking up! I really should have thanked the NICE man who turned on his headlights for me and so pleasantly watched us pick up for a few minutes instead of offering to help…sigh
Enough of that…we’re all in one piece and it wouldn’t be an adventure without something to blog about right?
This morning I totally slept in because I”m still on Hawaii time, so my boys were late for school…big deal! I spent most of my day cleaning my main floor from clutter that accumulates when you don’t live at your house for 2 weeks and playing with my girls. Brayden lost his first tooth tonight and he’s so excited! Here’s the kids with their instruments that I brought home with me. They are already composing music so they are a hit! Lotti is hard to pose now so this is the best that I got!
Excuse me??? I was cleaning up my family room today and found this disgusting-ness! Do my kids not know me at all? Who brought this home as reading material? Seriously…this is going back to school pronto! I actually dared myself to open up to one of the pages and for one second I saw a mom (I think) mouse with her newborn babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWW…I threw the book across the room and almost hit Taylor in the head! haha…No.
Then I was one the phone tonight and the kids were out of control upstairs laughing and when Brayden came down he had all his underwear on his head like a little turban. I couldn’t help but laugh…I love kids and what they think if so funny! Can you see his space on the bottom? He’s so excited…the tooth fairy better not forget tonight!
Well tomorrow me and the girls are going back to Syracuse to pick up Daddy! Maybe I’ll do a target stop…hmm…tempting!
No comments:
Post a Comment