Well we finally had the birthday and opened the presents tonight, but it felt like forever!
Church was another gong show, with me playing the organ I had to get my wonderful friend Nermine to sit with me and hold Lotti and in between songs I would come down and sit with them, take Lotti out in the hall and then sneak back in to play each song. AH! Then it was home and I never get to sit or lay down after church because it seems I’m always making dinner for somebody…today it was Brayden since it was his birthday! He requested the famous “Libby’s Cheese Soup” in bread bowls, and thank you for that B, because it was SO good! Sean told us he would be home at 300pm so the kids and I waited to eat lunch until then…but no Sean…we waited…and we waited…and we waited…then I asked myself…why are we waiting? Didn’t we learn a few years ago never to wait for Dad? Anyway, he finally was home by 4:15 and he practically fell asleep while he was eating. I had to force him to sit at the table while B opened up his presents and even then he was falling over from exhaustion (he did stay up all night on call so I don’t blame him). I’m telling ya…being an Orthopaedic Resident coupled with a Branch President is a doozy…that man takes on A LOT and I’m SO thankful that I have the independence that I need to survive this life. I seriously thank the Lord for that blessing every day!
One of Brayden’s fine gifts were “Carpet skates” that he has been eyeing at Target for quite some time.
Lotti loves to take down my decorations, especially these candle ornaments…but she does look so sweet while doing it right?
Tomorrow is Chuch E Cheese for the kids party and it’ll be a blast I’m sure! Now I have to go clean the never ending dirty kitchen…oh joy!
L
5 comments:
I've gotta tell you that I often think you are the most amazing woman for all that you do for your family while Sean is hard at work. I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle it! You rock!!!
Happy Birthday B!! Libby wanted to tell you I love your hair color. It looks really good.
Your hair does look pretty.
When Natalie saw the carpet skates she said "mom I want to get some paper and do that k?" if only it were that easy!
I need some of your independence! I am struggling with Ryan gone all day studying! These next 3 years are going to be such a learning experience for me.
Ummm cheese soup in bread bowls??? Recipe please!!!
your kitchen is always needing cleaning, ummm that's interesting mine too!!gotta love it. I know what you mean about waiting for the hubby, we have learned too! years ago, but sometimes you just hope right!
T
Post a Comment