Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spooky Dance

Tonight at the kids school they had the “Spooky Dance” where all the kids come dressed up and they turn off all the lights of the gym and put up strobe lights and let the kids run around like crazy people, running into eachother, getting lost, crying, screaming, dancing, scaring eachother…and I had to do it alone!  AH…not my favourite time of the year but we got it done!  Luckily this year they had a coloring room where the younger kids could go and not be so sweaty or scared!  I spent half my time in there!  We danced for half an hour, well if you can call it that…Taylor kept trying to go up to groups of girls that were holding hands so they wouldn’t lose eachother in the dark, and she would hold onto the hand of the girl on the end, only to get weird stares like “who are you little girl…let go!”  She didn’t get it…such a cutie!  Anyway, her outfit was a hit and got many compliments…so did Lotti!  I mean how can you not love a little Lotti Lion??  In case you’re wondering, Drew is “Dan – the Bakugan Trainer” and Brayden is Mario of course!  On our way home at 7:45pm Drew says “Oh Mom, you have to make cookies for my class tomorrow because only 4 families are bringing treats and we’re one of them Ms. Lewis said!”…oh really?  Well, cookies he did not get…jello jigglers he got! 

 IMG_5143 IMG_5136 IMG_5138

Taylor said something hilarious to me today and I can’t remember now what it was but the first thing I thought was “I have to blog that!”  Dang…should have written it down!

Sean finally gets home tomorrow night and the kids miss him a lot.  He no sooner gets home and then he’s off to be the team doc at a hockey game until 9:30 so Brayden is going to go with him since he LOVES hockey and then he can spend some time with him.  I’m off to highlight my hair tomorrow and hopefully get this mane looking blonder! 

Still successfully losing weight and loving it.  I find that I feel better in all aspects of my life when my body and eating is on track. When you’re clothes fit and you’re not hating getting dressed in the morning, it makes all the difference!

So I was cleaning up the other night and came around the corner and found this…

IMG_5131

Seriously one of the funniest moments in my life…I laughed out loud by myself for awhile…then took his pic.  Poor Ken…he doesn’t even know:( 

L

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Love love love the costumes! They all look awesome. Bray looks so serious in his!
Also just watched tailors dancing. Holy crap that's cute! And the twirling and skipping? I couldn't sop laughing! She is so sweet! I have got to get Nan in a dance class.

Alysha Sladek said...

Those costumes are great!! especially love the flapper outfit! Will's going to be a lion too (hopefully it fits that is).
And I have to say how jealous I am that the kids had a fun halloween dance at school. Our kids had an "orange and black" day - no costumes, and if you wanted you could bring in a carved pumpkin. SO SAD! I LOOOVE halloween so I was totally bummed

Emily said...

LOVE your girl's costumes... how cute! So happy for you on your success losing weight! I know what you mean about the clothes. For once in my life, I LOOOOVE getting new clothes because they are the size I WANT! haha And it makes you so much happier when you feel good about yourself, doesn't it? AND I know my husband is a little happier because of it too ;)