Tuesday, September 07, 2010

School is here…sniff sniff

Well I was all about getting these kids back to school and having this house a little quieter.  This morning they were so excited!  The boys were dressed and running downstairs at 6:40am!  I hissed at them to get back to their rooms until 7:00 which is our rule and they were WAY too excited!  Drew started grade 2 with Ms. Lewis who might I mention is quite the foxy teacher with her short little skirt…hmm!  Brayden has Ms. Euringer for grade 1 and I’m pleased with that as Drew had her last year and did great!  Neither of them are in classes with their friends and I couldn’t be happier about that.  They seem to stay out of trouble that way! 

Taylor had her first day of pre school this morning so after dropping off the boys we headed over to her class.  She immediately went into her class and started playing with another girl in the play kitchen.  I think she had a good first day and a positive experience!  When I left Taylor and came home with Lotti in tow though…that was weird!  Lotti doddled around the house all morning wondering where everybody was I think.  She was visibly lonely:(  I’m glad Taylor is only in pre school for 2 half days each week because she needs to be around Lotti this year. 

I wasn’t much better today where laundry and cleaning is concerned…isn’t that supposed to change when not so many people are around?  Ya…not so much today!  I did clean my kitchen and work out though!

IMG_4982 IMG_4983 IMG_4975 IMG_4976 IMG_4977 IMG_4980 IMG_4981

 

Even though I”m glad they’re back to it…I really missed them today.  It’s a little sad to have to let them go for the entire day and let somebody else watch them succeed and learn and interact.  I want to do that every minute of the day!

Tonight we’re off to our friends house for the Annual Back to School Pizza Party so hopefully I can remember to take my camera with me!

So I finished P90X and it was a crazy program that’s for sure!  I have to admit I took about a total of 3 weeks off in between the program’s start and finish…but that’s not bad I don’t think.  I was tired after though and couldn’t take much more of Tony H!  I decided to switch it up a bit and do Slim in 6 for 6 weeks.  I have about 12 weeks until I MIGHT go on vacation so that gives me time to shed some of these last few pounds I’ve been trying to shed!  I LOVE slim in 6…it is a total body workout everyday and it makes you feel so good from head to toe!  It also brings results which is grand!  I’m trying to not let food control me either…I have to tell myself many times a day “I’m not really hungry and that cookie is not worth how I will feel after I eat it”  “It’s only food and it does not control me!” “My desire to look and feel better outweighs my temptations!”  Isn’t it a constant battle people?  Nobody said this was going to be easy…but it is attainable!

L

2 comments:

lynne said...

Cute pictures of the kids!! it's so cute the way kids are so excited about the first ay of school! Those pictures of yu and Tay are so adorable. You look great!

Hillary said...

Your kids are so cute that they were all excited for school. I hope that enthusiasm lasts throughout the year. Your little girls are looking so grown up. And keep up the good work and trying to get in shape. It's been a hard thing for me too. but it's totally worth the sacrifice.