Friday, September 17, 2010

Popcorn night

So I don't know why but watching this video, it has to be one of my favourite videos of my kids. I spent the day organizing my kitchen and getting rid of crap and finding new things...that were actually old! One thing I found was my air popcorn popper. I'm not sure this thing has ever been used...seriously! Anyway, I also found these cute popcorn containers to eat the popcorn in after. So we journeyed out to the store and got some kernels so we could make homemade popcorn. Brayden helped with all the steps. When it was only air popped he tried some and gave me this look like "Mom, something is wrong with it, not very good" to which I replied "Don't worry, it's not done yet, you still need butter and salt!"

It was a HIT and I'm not surprised in the least that Lotti loved it too!

Today was a long day...no hubby (not unusual) but for some reason really long? I don't know...I think I stay up way too late which makes my days longer! Anyway got alot done today...like I said, organized my kitchen, rearranged my living room and family room...again! I'm a little crazy about that...and oh ya...ate WAY too much apple pie! Seriously...pastries are not safe in this house if Momma is around! I can't promise anything. I'm just going to put it out there...last night 3 other fabulous women and myself got together and made 16 apple pies...homemade! I just have to pat myself on the back a little! Anyway, I came home with 4...one of which I had planned to cut into and let my husband taste. So we both had some last night...by lunch time today the pie was gone...an entire pie people! So I had an uncooked one in my fridge and 2 cooked ones. I immediately threw one in the freezer and cooked the other one so that it was cooked. The missionaries popped by to borrow my video camera so I made them take the other pie. As I watched tv tonight the cooked pie sat on my oven calling my name.."Libby, come over here, I'm so flaky, and juicy, and desirable!"...I was resisting until all of a sudden Oprah had somebody on her show that owned a pie company and she talked about the best pie she had ever eaten, for the next 10 minutes! Well...it was all over after that. I had to see if my pie was the best I had ever eaten...and it was! Actually it could have used a tad more cinnamon but I won't complain! Hopefully when Sean sees it tomorrow he'll just think it was the same pie we had started last night:) Who am I kidding? I have officially found my two food weaknesses...pastries and homemade bread! Thank you mother for making me such a great cook!

L

2 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

mmmm bread! love it! your kids are adorable and growing up way too fast!

lynne said...

look like the leather sofa is back in the family room. Do you do that moving by yourself?