Saturday, August 07, 2010

Just sittin here by myself

Wow…it has been one crazy house around here this week, and one crazy lonely momma.  Sean has been working call every other night and he worked a double shift yesterday and today, something he does very rarely.  I don’t think much of his schedule, he often asks me my opinion on certain days off but really it doesn’t matter to me.  It’s all the same.  I’ve learned to live with a totally random schedule and when he’s home it’s great, and when he’s not, well…it just is!  The days sure are long though.  I feel like today will NEVER end.  The only thing that would make it worse would be winter and not being able to go outside!  Anyway, I do a lot of thinking, and trying to find things to think about!  Being summer there isn’t much in the way of television either so I end up spending a little more time on facebook, or blog stalking!  Today I cleaned out my bathroom and the kids bathroom of junk and old bottles of lotion etc.  I had an entire garbage bag full of stuff from my drawers and cupboards!  The kids had about half a bag!  Man, we sure accumulate a lot of crap around here!  With me, it’s just old scents that I don’t like anymore, but always think “I’ll probably spray that on me one day when I’m in the mood”.  Let’s face it though, if you’re not in the mood for it today or yesterday?  You’re not in the mood!  So now I’m down to just a few scents that I LOVE and that’s the way it should be. 

I spent some time dancing with Lotti today.  I had some music playing up in my room while I was doing laundry and cleaning and she hears it and immediately puts her arms up and twirls around.  You can tell she feels the beat, so cute!  She also is saying a couple of words - ‘up’ and ‘yes’ – I love just watching her putter around here.  As long as she has something in her hands to hold and eat or drink, or play with she is happy as a clam!  I remember Taylor being that way too, except she had to have something in both hands.  She reminds me of a little penguin from “Happy Feet” because of the way she walks with her little legs so stiff, waddling back and forth and never stopping.  The boys are really good with her too, except today!  I had put her down for a nap around 12:30 and went outside to lay on the deck and play a board game with Drew.  Seriously, an hour later I hear Brayden come outside behind me and for sure heard Lotti’s voice.  I was sure it wasn’t her since she sleeps for a few hours usually and my kids would never go and willingly get her from her nap unless they wanted me to unleash on them! Well it was her…happy as can be!  Brayden said she was awake so he took her out of her crib and carried her downstairs!  Don’t get me wrong, I love the help, but that cut our board game short:(

I got my hair done this week!  It had been a really long time since I had my hair colored and it seemed to be so close to its original color.  I decided to highlight it and make my long road to blonde.  We’ll see how far I go as it will be a process since my hair is so dark to start with.  I also got layers which I LOVE because my hair was getting so boxy as I grow it out.  Jeni and I made a pact last year to not cut our hair for a year and now that it’s been a year we decided to make another year pact since we are both enjoying our longer hair.  So hence the layers…had to be done if I’m gonna get through this next year!  I’ve also been going back and forth about Tay’s hair.  I think a shoulder length bob and bangs would be so cute on her, but with her starting ballet it might make for a tougher and longer hair styling each week.  I think for now I’ll hold back and just give her a trim one of these days. She is like my little Barbie, I love doing her hair and I want to cut and style it but being a little girl I need to just keep it simple and easy to pull back! 

Well, I need to get out my lesson for tomorrow and start working on it so I”m not up all hours of the night working on it! Ciao!

L

3 comments:

Marilee said...

I want to see your new hair! Post a pic

Jeni said...

I'm resistant about putting nati in ballet because of the whole hair thing!
I want to see yourhairtoo!

Hillary said...

Me too! I want to see a pic of you and your new do. I totally have those days when you think it's never going to end. That is Mondays and Tuesdays for me when my husband has to work late. I wish we lived close to each other and could get together to help each other out.