Friday, July 30, 2010

Yay…I’m back!

Well my camera hasn’t been working for the past few days…well the past week I guess so I found this guy who fixes them in Kingston, except he’s not in Kingston.  He is 30 min away!  I geared up to drive to him today and drop off my camera with him to fix it an easy fix $20 or an internal problem ?$$$.  Before I left I thought maybe I should recharge the battery and make sure it isn’t working…well you guessed it people…it’s working!  No I’m not an idiot in case you’re wondering, I always check the battery first!  Anyway, regardless, I don’t have to pay to get it fixed and I got some cute pics today!  Yay!

IMG_4260 IMG_4270 IMG_4277 IMG_4286 IMG_4297

It’s a pretty nice day today.  A little chilly but that is a good break from the hot humidity lately.  I can’t complain really, it’s been fabulous here, just wish I had some family around!  I’m already counting down the days of summer.  The boys are going to a sports camp at Queens University on the 9th of August and then Nana is coming to visit for a couple of weeks after that, which will pretty much bring us to the end of summer!  Crazy!

 

I also think I’ve decided to not send Tay to school this fall.  She can start Junior Kindergarten if I wanted, but she will be a tad young in her grade, so I’ve decided to wait until next year.  She’ll be fine, not to mention, she won’t have to survive embarrassing moments of peeing her pants in public, something she has been having issues with lately.  Don’t get me wrong, she is doing great, but she is not able to tell me she has to pee before she does it a little first.  Nothing serious, but enough to make her underwear uncomfortable to wear again!  I think she goes through like 6 pairs a day at least!  Man oh Man!  This issue just never ends.  I think Lotti will be fully trained before Taylor’s body fully comes around.  I feel bad for her, I”m sure it’s just carry over issues from when we were first training.   IMG_4305 IMG_4308 IMG_4315 IMG_4325 IMG_4328 IMG_4338 IMG_4342Otherwise everybody is doing great!  Drew and Brayden started Karate and they are in love with it!  I’ll have to take a picture of them in their uniforms because they are pretty dang cute!  Drew is very focused and disciplined when it comes to Sensei too.  I’m getting used to them saying “Yes Ma’am” and “No Ma’am” at home too…I’m not complaining! The other great thing is that by paying for both boys to be in Karate, I get to do free kickboxing classes and so does Sean and Taylor!  Sweet…for those days that I don’t want to work out with Tony!

Taylor is happy with her dance classes one night a week.  I put her in this summer class to see how she liked it and maybe put her in ballet in the fall.  She loves it!  Yesterday I was watching her through the peek window at class and out of 6 little 3/4 year olds, she was the only one standing in front of her dance instructor doing everything she was asked to (toe tap, point toe, pliae, spin, etc) with a totally focused face.  So cute!

I’m trying to convince Sean to go to the beach tomorrow with the kids because it’s supposed to be an awesome day.  He had golfing plans that he can change…I’m torn though!  He needs to do something for himself to release stress and golfing is definitely something that does that for him…but we want to go to the beach!  Hmm…I guess I’ll convince him to go early in the morning so we can still go!

So I found a cook book that I had never used and it basically gives a week’s worth of meals with a grocery list so you get everything beginning of the week and then you’re set for all your new recipes!  So far we have had Mexican cheeseburgers (YUM) and pesto/salsa ravioli with beans!  So good!  Tonight it’s Chicken wrapped asparagus with Hollandaise sauce and Greek salad with homemade rolls!  I can’t wait, it better be good!  I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re yummy!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

ok tanned and skinny libby!!! I MISS YOU GUYS.
And poor Taylor... no let me rephrase that, poor libby!! haha I hate potty training!
what was wrong with your camera in the first place? mine goes strange sometimes.

Julie said...

You are so awesome with cooking! I need to branch out more but quite honestly I haven't done a lot of cooking this summer!!!! I need to do better and you've inspired me!!!!