Monday, July 05, 2010

DC and the temple



Well our trip so far has been fabulous and so much fun! On Saturday we got up early and drove to Washington DC. We had decided to go to a museum of the kid's choice and they chose the Museum of Natural history at the Smithsonian. So we drove by the temple first and took some pics and then had a picnic at a local park where the boys threw the baseball around. It was so pretty, I love that area!

After that we parked at the Metro and took the Metro downtown and that took us right to the Museum. Literally, when we came above ground we were in the feild right in front of the museum! There were all sorts of tents up from different countries serving different food and showing different things from their culture. The Museum had a big line up but it didn't take too long to get in.

The craziest part was when we were looking at the huge walrus and Sean turned around and saw a friend from his Med School class in Calgary! What are the chances of seeing somebody you know in DC? So he had fun catching up with him. After a few hours at the museum we headed back to the Metro and then drove about 2 1/2 hours to Richmond where we stayed for the night. A long day but so much fun and I'm so glad I didn't chicken out and NOT go downtown because it was a great experience!






Sunday we finally made it here and had an awesome BBQ at Robin's parents house, then Sean took the 3 kids to the fireworks downtown for the 4th of July and Robin and I took our babies home to go to bed. Fun I know!

This morning Robin and I woke up at 5:30 to go to the gym and attend a 6:00am spin class! AH...I just wanted to get my work out in early in the day so that I wouldn't have to think about it later and I'm so glad I did. It's been a long time since I worked out that early in the morning but it kicked my butt and it felt good!

Later today we went on a hike where the kids climbed on waterfalls and died of heat! It was a lot of fun though and they all made it with only a few tears from Brayden. That kid is so sensitive and when he gets going he can't stop! The only thing that makes him stop crying is a hug from me or Dad and I have to say I kind of love that:)



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

I love reading your trip blog because you're in my hood! I grew up right near Reading and was married in DC:) That's my part of the world! And it is beautiful. Brayden is right about the nature!
Anyway, I think you're BRAVE to do the Metro with your kids! I'd be super scared they'd get separated from me. The DC metro is INSANE! Brave girl:) Looks like it was worth it, though.

Julie said...

How fun!!!!! And how random that you guys ran into someone from Calgary. The summer after I graduated grade 9 I ran into Madame Knebel at Disneyworld!!!!! Crazy! Have super super fun!