Tuesday, June 22, 2010

mind reading

Why or why can't I read my kid's minds? Charlotte went to bed last night at 800, as usual, and woke up at 930 crying and crying and crying. I always let my kids cry so I ignored her, until it lasted like 45 min! AH...I started to go a little crazy since I guess my mind can only go so long until it starts to hear that noise! Sean went up and got her and so of course she stayed up until 1100 crawling around and ending up crying around me.
Well this morning I went in and she was crying again, half sleeping, leg stuck outside of crib. I pulled her chunky thigh out of the crib bars which made her very unhappy, then once she opened her eyes, she was happy again.
Now she has had breakfast and should be happy as a clam, but no! She is whining at my leg and when I pick her up it's not me she wants apparently. AH! What do I do! I love her to death and so I'm trying to see past this mood she is in and just love her.

What else...today is a gorgeous and hot day outside so I think we'll be going for a walk later. I'm working on typing all of my recipes from my recipe box and some favourites from books in my kitchen, into a recipe book. I found a template to use and so I'll just print off a new card when I find a recipe and add it to my book. I think I want to get some laminating paper so I can keep them laminated and that way they won't rip. I'm getting really hungry though as I go through my recipes. I have some tasty dessert recipes that are making my mouth water! I made a dessert this weekend that was to die for! It was called Frozen White Chocolate Strawberry Pie! Seriously people, to die for! A new favourite around here...and probably didn't help my waist line, but who cares...it was so delicious!

Side note #1:
Drew got invited to a birthday party this weekend. Girl party. Fine. Girl party sleepover. Not fine. The card read: If Drew is coming he will be sleeping in (Insert girl name) brother's room. Um...I don't think so! Does anybody else find it odd to have a co-ed 8 year old sleepover?

Side note #2:
Ever been standing in a line at a checkout forever? Ever been the next in line when a new checkout opens and the person behind you thinks he gets precedence to go to that cashier before you? YA...happens to me ALL the time. What is with that? Like why does the next person in line get totally ignored and everybody else gets the jackpot? So irritating!

Well I have to finish my laundry today...it's been sitting all over my carpet upstairs forever it feels like and it's driving me crazy to have everybody walk all over it! Does that ever get done? Also, why do my kids have so many clothes?

L

3 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

Co-ed sleepover? Crazy!! Who thinks that's EVER a good idea? WOW. I didn't realize it started so early.
I hear ya about the checkout lines. They drive me nuts! Or while you're waiting in line the people who comment on how many kids you have like it's a bad thing.
Anyhoo, enjoy your nice weather :)

Jeni said...

Random! Haha

But drewy's sleep over... No.

Julie said...

The co-ed sleepover is so so so weird! I don't let my kids have sleepovers at all let alone a co-ed sleepover. Crazy!!!!!