Sunday, May 30, 2010

Smells so good

Well Mom, here is a few pics of my garden out front. I LOVE the smells of these flowers, especially my lilacs and sitting out on my step just smells SO good. The top red flower is a planter I found, but I don't know the kind of flower it is. The stem is kind of transparent and the flower is beautiful, never seen it before but I loved having red in contrast to the other colors in my garden. That big pinkish/purple flower tempts Taylor every day. It's almost as if it speaks to her "pick me! pick me!" because she can't keep her hands off it, hugging it even!

This is Lotti's newest favourite snack...ice cream sandwhich! Can you blame her though? She gobbles them so fast!
Well yesterday was one of the best Saturday's I've had in a long time...

In the morning it was just the usual, breakfast, tidy up, watch cartoons. Sean got home from work around 1030 and went out back with Brayden to play some baseball. Drew was over at a friends house swimming. Lotti went down for a nap so I did my day 6 workout (Kenpo) which was awesome! I love P90X although it is making super tired! I have to make sure I get my sleep or I'm toast!

Sean had a District Leadership Broadcast at the church for a couple hours in the afternoon and then when he came home he put the pool filter in (which is currently on and cleaning by the way!) and we went for a long walk to the nearby highschool to play baseball on a diamond! We had a lot of fun, even Taylor got up to bat. There was a park there so we played for a bit, walked back past the gas station for a treat, then on home to have a movie night (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs). It was heavenly being outside in the beautiful weather with the whole family and we decided we need to do this way more often. Everybody loved it and we all felt great when we got home.

Today is District Conference (Stake Conf.) across Canada with a broadcast so I'll be heading to the church around noon with all the kids minus Sean :( He has to work today.

Question: Are there any foods you just cannot resist eating? For me...homemade pancakes with homemade syrup, homemade bread, twizzlers. I'm pretty good on most other things...but anything bready or twizzlers...I cave everytime! I see no point in keeping myself from these enjoyments though, so I have them in small quantities...when I can! When we stopped for snacks yesterday I got some twizzlers and gobbled the whole bag seriously in like 2 minutes! Then when I made pancakes for dinner last night (at Taylor's request) I'm sure I ate a whole one even though I made myself believe I was only taking a little bite here and there! YUM! I love new day's though because they come with new motivation and new discipline!

L
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Charlotte looks so adorable. And look at those chocolaty fingers. Just want to kiss her!

Lynne said...

That pink flower is a peony. They are one of my favorites!

Julie said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Every time I drive out of my garage I think I need to add some flowers to my porch. It needs the color! Consider yourself lucky that you only have a few food vices cause I have a TON!!!!! You look fabulous though so don't be too hard on yourself when you have a whole pancake!