Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lightning Storm

We have the biggest lightning storm going on outside right now, it's kinda freaky! It's not raining but it's hot and the sky keeps lighting up the whole house it seems...followed by rumblings! It's a good thing my kids aren't scared of lightning. I actually can't believe I'm actually on the computer blogging and it's only 8:49pm! For the past few nights it seems that I can't get downstairs from putting the kids to bed until 9:30 now that it's so light outside until late. It's nice to have it be early for a change.
Sean is downtown enjoying a dinner at a nice restaurant with his colleagues, they call it "Journal Club" whatever that means! I think it's an excuse to get together (because they don't see eachother enough) and eat fancy shmancy food and drink! I kind of wish I was there instead of here thinking and faced with all the things I should be doing instead of blogging!

He actually came home early today and was able to put a little patch in the pool so that we could finally start to fill it. The weather here has been insane, like hanging at around 85 degrees (30 degrees) all week and would have been perfect to have the water heating up. Well now it's done and currently filling. The kids had some fun in the water tonight as it was only bath water deep. Lotti got in for awhile but I think she was freaked out by the size of the pool, and maybe the fact that Drew kept getting her in the face with the hose! (argh!)
I've been thinking a lot lately about the summer. Yes I'm excited for it, but I just realized that I have not signed my kids up for anything. Brayden is in T-ball right now which goes until the end of July, and Drew starts soccer next week which will go until mid August, so that is good I guess. Otherwise though they have nothing going on and I can just see and hear it now...
"Mom, can we play with friends today?" "Mom I'm bored!" "Mom, it's too hot outside, can I come in and play DS?"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...last summer I shipped my boys off to Calgary for 2 weeks to live with my parents and that was heavenly and they loved it! We'll have to think of something to do this summer. We're thinking of driving down to North Carolina to visit my brother and his fam so we'll see what happens! My kids LOVE to visit their cousins and we LOVE visiting with Brian and Robin. Hopefully it'll work out!


Brayden is commanding everybody's attention at T-ball. When we told him we would sign him up he immediately wanted a glove and ball to start practicing. Sean would go outside with him every night and teach him how to throw and catch. He caught on right away and his form is acctually amazing, he looks like he's pitching! Anyway, his first T-ball game last week was hilarious and he kept looking at me like Mom, why isn't anybody playing? They just stand there and they don't know how to throw?

I didn't get to go this week but Sean said when Brayden got up to bat he hit it into the outfield, and not only that, he didn't hit it off the T...somebody pitched to him! Then he played 1st base and would catch every ball that came his way! I'm so proud of him and love to see him excel at something. I've been waiting to find out what it is that Brayden liked and was good at since it's always been about Drew. His coach was sure he had played before but was shocked when we told her he hadn't. She said to make sure we get him on a good team next year!

Anyway, now that I'm done bragging about my boy I think I'll go and try to get through watching the Bachelorette...I'm not sure I can handle this much Ali for a whole season but I'm going to try tonight!

L

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Those pictures are great! Maybe Sheri could come out and fly the boys out here again. Or maybe all of you. Is that possibility?

Julie said...

Okay...here we go. I got so behind on my blog checking so be prepared for a barrage of comments from your truly!!!!

your kids are so dang cute. Lotti couldn't be any more adorable if she tried!!!!!!