Saturday, May 15, 2010

Grateful

We were able to go out tonight with some good friends and I'm just so grateful for good friends. What would we do without friends? It's so fun to laugh and feel like you have something in common with somebody else isn't it? Our special connection with this particular couple is that their son is Drew's bestie...Ollie! Anyway, I'm just feeling grateful tonight...also, we went to Robin Hood (great, but not as good as Kevin Costner original in my opinion) and the Keg so how can you walk away feeling unhappy about that?

Now I have to prepare my lesson for tomorrow (arg)...why didn't I do this earlier this week? I literally did not remember to open my lesson book all week! Also, sacrament meeting is not my favourite place lately...only because of my chickens! They all have to be touching me or sitting on me or sitting beside Lotti! She is the go-to girl around here! You know in the movies when you see people get attacked by like monkeys and they are on the person's shoulders, lap and back? Ok, well that is how I look and feel on Sunday's! It doesn't help that the old lady in front of me continues to turn around and give me that "look"...ya you mother's all know what I'm talking about...because Taylor is kicking her pew? There is only so much I can do, say or threaten with my eyes with 4 kids on me!

Anyway...at least I'm there right?

On a happier note...Calgary broke ground today for the temple that is being built there and I was able to watch via internet feed. It was fabulous and a I got misty eyed I'll admit! How exciting to be able to go to the temple every week if you wanted to! I've never lived in a place that had a temple, except when I lived in Utah I guess. Lucky...count your blessings!

L

2 comments:

lynne said...

It was an amazing experience to be there at the Temple ground breaking. And it couldn't have been a more glorious day, in every way. I'm glad you were able t see it.

tlr said...

we were at the ground breaking today, it was wonderful to take the children to see it happen!! I am looking forward to it being in Calgary too.
And I know what you mean about good friends it's awesome! I could write a similar post!!