Well yesterday made me a very proud parent indeed! Drew had his first spelling bee and won! He only competed against 1st graders so it was pretty easy peasy for him, but I know it made him feel really great to be known as the best speller in 1st grade! His final word was BANANA! It makes me laugh because that morning we were practising words in the 5th and 6th grade levels.
When you watch the video you'll see how excited he is but he's trying very hard not to smile. When it started the teacher in charge went over all the rules and when he was done asked if anybody had any questions. There was one kid with his hand up and when he called on him we heard a little voice say "I'm a really good speller!" Ya, that was our son! Nice statement Drew! He's so cute though and I'm glad that he's confident enough to just let us all know the facts!
4 comments:
Drewy!!! I am soooo proud of you! Way to go dude! Love you.
So proud of you drew even though I know you can spell supercalifragilisticexpeealadoshis!!!!!!!
That is so so so cute!!!!! Congrats to a super super super good speller!!!!!
way to go drew!! that's awesome!
Post a Comment