Friday, April 23, 2010

Reflection

I was looking through some of my old letters that I wrote to Sean while he was on his mission 10 years ago. It is hilarious to read some of the things I wrote and thought were important. Crazy how after 10 years things in my life have changed so much and the things that are important to me now I didn't even think about then.

Time...probably one of the most important things in my life right now. When my children want me to play basketball with them, or throw a baseball outside, or pick them up because they've been crawling on hands and knees all day, or sit and play a board game, or sit beside them and eat lunch instead of stand in front of them, or tickle them one minute longer than usual...it all comes back to one thing...Time. Nothing is more important than this right now in their lives and in mine and I am trying every day to make this part of my life better. I have to stop living my life like Jack Bauer, constantly telling these little people, and myself, "There is no time!"

I have found lately that the more I spend quality time with my kids, the more "I love you Mum" I hear during my day, and THAT is what motivates me!

2 comments:

Heather said...

So so so very true! Well put Libby! I am reading a really good book called 'Raising Happiness' by Christine Carter. I highly recommend it. It makes me realize that raising happy responsible kind kids isn't so daunting as it sometimes seems!

Julie said...

I love that! I was thinking about that tonight when Brady wanted some bedtime snuggles. Definitely something I need to work on myself! I recently read on CJane's blog something she said about time that I thought was brilliant! She said, "in the Human Experience, I declare the passage of time to be the biggest surprise. We wait for it to pass and then wonder where it went." I just loved that quote. That, with this good reminder is a GREAT way to start my week! Love ya!