Saturday, March 27, 2010

To Hawaii and back

2010-03-26
Click on the pic above for more

Well this time in Calgary has gone SO fast I can't believe in 2 days we'll be heading back home! I've been away for like 3 months and it feels like forever ago that we first left and started our road trip! I've LOVED this time away though and I'm so glad we were able to do it together as a family.

This past week the girls and I were lucky enough to be able to go to Hawaii with my Mom. It was paradise and I loved every minute of it! There is nothing like sitting on a beach and basking in the sun, drinking pina colada's and taking a dip in the pool or the ocean. I also love running alongside the ocean early in the morning breathing the yummy air and watching the sun rise. Oh, the beauties in this world!

It's nice to be back with all my kids though, my boys (hubby included) missed me terribly, but thank you to family and friends who helped out immensely during the past week.

I've been blessed with extremely good travelers and I wouldn't give that up for anything! On the flight home from HI, Charlotte literally fell asleep right before the plane took off and slept the entire plane ride home (6 1/2 hours), woke up for the drive to Cochrane, then slept from 6:00am until noon again! Taylor slept for half the plane ride, in the car, and home until noon too! It allowed me to sleep when we got home since I didn't sleep a wink in the plane! I decided I definitely need a neck pillow next time I fly!

Now I'm packing and hoping that we didn't accumulate too many things this trip to overload our van! When we first got here to Calgary I sent 2 huge boxes home filled with clothes because we had way too many so hopefully that made a difference!

My birthday is a week away but we decided to have a mini party tonight celebrating mine and Sean's birthday's (May 3 for him)...I guess it's just an excuse to have a crave cupcake! I think I probably deserve it since arriving from Texas I have lost 12 lb! Hopefully that continues in the months to come!

As for now, I need to pick up my feet and relax a bit!

L

3 comments:

Emily said...

FUN!! girls' trip to hawaii...boy don't i wish! :) sounds like you've had a fun, eventful 3 months!! good luck settling back into the real world again! and congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome!!! send me some of your willpower, i need to lose weight too!

Julie Jimmieson said...

Gorgeous pix Libby! Your girls and you look so so cute!

Julie said...

I say it all the time but I'll say it again...THAT IS MY HAPPY PLACE!!!!! I love love love love it! I'm glad you had fun and you look amazing!!!!!!