We've had a fun week, the kids are getting better, in fact they're all better except for Brayden and Char who has coughs still, but otherwise we're great! We had a week of warm weather and the boys actually got to wear their favourite thing a few times...shorts!
On the weekend Sean was pleasured with the delicious fries from "Snuffers" and we all felt sick afterwards...well worth it though!
Saturday we took our family down town to the "Body" exhibit. I've always wanted to go to this so I was excited that it came to Dallas. It was pricey and for the kids I would say they were only half into it. Basically it was actual dead bodies that have been dissected in different ways so that you can see different layers of muscle, organs, skin, etc. I guess they got the bodies from China that were unidentifiable. Not sure how I feel about that, but it was cool anyway. I figured even though the kids weren't totally into it, the more we take them to places like this the more they will appreciate learning and the importance of finding out intellectual things rather than just playing at the McDonald's playland all the time! Then I met Jeni at the mall and we shopped with Charlotte and ate at Cheesecake Factory. A much needed girls night! We get to do it again tomorrow night with a movie too so I'm excited!
Yesterday was filled with delicious New Orleans food courtesy of Brian and Jeni's friends house while we watched the big game! It was a lot of fun!
Now we're just chillin while Charlotte sleeps. I cleaned the house, worked, did some laundry and made lunch...a very productive day so far!
L
Quote of the week - Brayden
While we were walking around the body exhibit we stopped to look at a body they had set up holding a conductors baton like he was conducting an orchestra and after looking at it for a few minutes Brayden looked up at Sean and said "Dad, how did he die like that conducting?"
I love the innocence of children!
2 comments:
Hi Libby...Isn't that Body exhibit cool.We saw it in Minneapolis. I was so amazed at how they did each system of the body. The nerve one was fascinating and the work. The latex ones were cool that showed the circulatory system.WOW One of the coolest things Ive seen. Sounds like you all are having fun! Bring some of the warmth back to Canada. Hugs my friend.
Oh my gosh! I LOVE the Body exhibit! We saw it in Vegas and it was so fascinating! Glad you guys got the chance to go!
Post a Comment