Jeni was telling me that tonight she was at the pharmacy with her kids waiting on some pills and they were both grabbing bottles of vitamins off the shelves to which she firmly says "NO! Put them back!" To this the Pharmacist says "Do you find that you get anxiety as a mother?"
What? Um...it's called this is how you talk to children firmly so that they understand that you mean business...anxiety? If I felt anxiety everytime I had to tell my child to stop something they were doing I would not have 4 kids!
Anyway...I'm exhausted right now. I didn't even do anything spectacular today, in fact I sat most of the time I was at the children's museum while my kids played, but for some reason it has made me really tired! Maybe it's how tight my hair is in its french braid, and the bra on my chest...hmm, those have to go!
We made a New Year's goal to read the scriptures every night with the kids and finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. So far so good! Tonight we were reading from the story of the prophet Abinadi speaking to King Noah. We talked a little bit about how to make righteous decisions and how to listen to the holy spirit and not the devil. I gave each of the boys little situations they might be in and kind of explained how we have a little devil on our shoulder telling us to make the wrong decision, and then we also have a little holy spirit telling us to do what is right and how we need to listen to the spirit always and ignore the little devil. After Brayden said "Mom, when you were reading my heart felt good, it kind of felt like it tickled". I guess what I wanted to accomplish with reading every night is working! When we used to read together it was so random and not really something we did every day so when it happened the kids went crazy! Now that we've been trying to make it a habit they actually find a seat on the couch and listen intently. Whether or not they understand what I'm reading it doesn't matter, it's just nice to have some quiet time together at the end of the day.
So Sean is working late trying to pound out a paper while he finishes up his last week and a half here so I'm looking forward to some quiet alone time in front of my computer! Yipee
L
Click on the pic below for more
![]() |
| 2010-02-03 |

3 comments:
good for you guys for the scripture reading. we read each night but it's still an absolute gong show and we usually only muster about 4-5 verses. I guess it's the consistency that matters most. You should read E. Bednar's last conference talk - some good points about that.
I haven't checked on the blogs in forever and I feel as though your kids have just sprouted since I last checked in! The boys have such long hair now! And Taylor is a little girl now! Wow! Cute as! And I loved the birthday cake for Drew. So you guys were able to rent that great house for a few weeks while in Dallas then? Betty Jean tells me you are stopping in to visit her on your way back up to canada.
That is just so precious that his heart tickled. Out of the Mouths of Babes! Love it! Good job on the scripture reading! Keep it up!!!!!!
Post a Comment