Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I can't believe it's over!

Click on the pic below...
2009_12_25

Wow I can't believe Christmas is actually over already!! We were alone this year, just our little family but it was fun! There is something about being in your own home for Christmas that is magical and feels right. I definitely missed my family and having a big gathering, but this was nice for a change. I contemplated making turkey dinner on Christmas day, it just being the 2 of us adults and 4 little kids, 1 of which doesn't eat food, but I couldn't resist the tradition of it all. I made a huge dinner and it was delicious...I thought I was eating my mom's home cooking! Kudo's to me! Sean invited one of his colleagues over and he came with his brother so there ended up being 4 adults eating the food which made it a bit better!

The sugar cookies around here have been ridiculous! I have made 3 batches and I think we've only given away 2 dishes of them to neighbors! Can you say OINK? I finally mastered the icing though after 3 tries and I must brag a little...best sugar cookies around!

I really can't think right now about anything else...my mind is blank from Christmas, maybe because I took down all my decorations today so it's looking a lot less like Christmas around here now!

We were exceedingly blessed this year and I'm so thankful for loving family!

Sunday we are leaving with Sean as he has some elective time to study elsewhere. We'll be going to Dallas for 5 weeks and he'll be working with a shoulder specialty Sports Med Clinic down there and then we'll make our way to Calgary for 5 weeks where he'll work with Arthroplasty surgeons there and hopefully learn some sweet skills! We'll be driving the whole way as it's ridiculous to fly with 4 kids...but is it just as ridiculous to drive? Not price wise I guess...but it will be an adventure! Anyway...I've been busy doing laundry for the past 2 days and cleaning up so it's not a gong show on the weekend getting ready to go!

Off to get the kiddos in bed...I'm exhausted!

L

5 comments:

Julie Jimmieson said...

Gorgeous pics Libby! The kids look so happy.

Jeni said...

i hate getting ready for a small trip let alone 3 months! cant wait sis.

tlr said...

Sounds like you had a nice Christmas and an some fun to come on the road. We have done 1 month on the road and that is fun and a lot of work! Good luck!

Emily said...

Good luck on your upcoming trips! By the way, where did you get your cabinet with all the wicker baskets that is below your TV??

Julie said...

So I for sure respect and appreciate that you make excellent sugar cookies but mine may be able to give you a run for your money. We may have to have a sugar cookie contest someday!