Friday, December 11, 2009

A few more

I found a few more pics from our trip, these were when we took the girls to the live show of "Beauty and the Beast". When it was over Taylor kept saying "Another story please?" She loved it, as did Natalie I'm sure! Neither of them took their eyes off the stage the entire time!


Tonight I tried to get the girls to smile together...I kept telling Taylor to pull her dress down but just as I took the picture she would pull it back up for a peep show!

So tonight we started a new family tradition with something called "The Elf on a shelf". Santa sent us an elf to keep watch over the kids and each night he reports back to Santa and comes
back the next morning in a new spot that the kids can find! The one rule is that they aren't allowed to touch him or it takes away his magic! He can't talk to them but he can listen and they can talk to him and tell him about their wishes! The boys LOVED it and named him Travis! I went to take him out of the box and they both spazzed and Brayden almost broke out in tears within seconds! "Mom!!! Don't touch him!" Of course I say "Oh it's ok I can touch him"..."NO MOM! DON'T TOUCH HIM! IT'LL TAKE AWAY HIS MAGIC!"

So I left him in the box and hopefully by morning he'll have found his way out of the twine holding his back in place! He'll go back to the North Pole when Christmas is over and he'll show his face next year when it's time to spy on the kids again! Thanks Santa!

L

6 comments:

Emily said...

hahahahaha that is the cutest idea!!!! i love it!!

Jeni said...

ours is jack. natalie has loved it. and i have totally been using it "jack is watching, what is gonna tell santa tonight?!" BUT REMEMBER to move him every night or you will get busted!

Lynne said...

I love the princess dress n Charlotte!!l So cute and comfy!

Alysha Sladek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alysha Sladek said...

LOVE the elf. What a great idea!!

Julie said...

We did Elf on the Shelf too this year. Unfortunately he forgot to go to the North Pole and then move to a different spot in the house a couple of times! Hahahaha!