The cold has officially hit Kingston! Brrrrrrrrrrr! I miss Florida weather already! I mean is weather really a big deal? If you could choose to live anywhere would weather trump all other factors that are important to you? This is a topic of conversation between Sean and I ALL the time lately.
Well what's going on today? I am cleaning my house room by room and some rooms over and over again! This may sound a little crazy but since I let my cleaners go...I seriously have not completed my top to bottom deep clean of my house. I just can't get to everything...and then the next day comes and I don't have time to clean and then it gets left for another week. Of course when that week starts I start on all the same things again (bathrooms) and never get to the second half of my list! Anyway...before we leave I buckled and scheduled the cleaners to come in a couple times. I'm a tad anal and seriously this will just give me the peace of mind that things are clean when we're leaving it for 3 months! I actually have a friend coming to stay at the house so it won't be completely empty, but still, what kind of damage can she do by herself?
So I went through Charlotte's clothes today and tidy'd her room, put the small clothes away (stacked at the bottom of the closet) and same in Tay's room. The boy's is pretty much done, just need to put multiple piles of clothes away. Will somebody please help me refrain from taking so many clothes with me on my trip to Dallas? If I have to do this much laundry while I'm away it might drive me bonkers...and what's the point? They can live on a week's worth of clothes as long as I'm cleaning them right?
Another thing I'm dealing with is making meals around here...My mind is past Christmas already and is on my trip so I already don't want to make meals! I need to chill out and live here for a few more weeks before my mind goes elsewhere! I can't wait for Turkey dinner though!! Yum!
Brayden and Tay went outside to play in their snowsuits this afternoon and had a good time. The snow in the backyard is frozen so it was like a huge ice rink back there and Taylor basically got around on her hands and knees as she kept falling anyways! There is something about being a kid, where the cold just doesn't affect you...they were out there for a long time, with hats and scarves falling off and they didn't want to come back in. It's been a couple hours and Taylor's cheeks are still rosy! Now that I'm an adult I'm a total bear outside...get me out of the cold!
Here is my sweet (almost) 7 year old for his 1st grade pics this year. Hopefully B brings his pics home on Monday! When did he get so old!
Here are two things that I'm loving right now...NOT
- The spider webs that were wrapped around my tree and garden for halloween? Still wrapped and blowing in the wind...looks like they'll be staying this winter!
and 2nd...but not any less annoying...
- My pool still in my backyard, except instead of being set up all nice? It's in a crumpled mess buried deep underneath the snow now. Can you say procrastination?
That's all I'll say about that!
L
2 comments:
COLD!!! I HATE IT!! Libby as the years go by I hate the cold more and more...I am a heat girl, Arizona girl. Bring on the heat..the hotter the better...Ive yet to complain of any heat from Humid Oklahoma/Texas heat to dry Arizona desert heat. Keep up that awesome cleaning!
your pool sucks cause now it will be all dirty and nasty in the summer. and DREW? Oh my handsome little guy!
Cold weather is brutal. I am cold here but it isn't near as cold as it is there. I thnk we have perfect weather. you should move here. Oh you are!!! yeah! one more month!
Post a Comment