![]() |
| aug o9 3 |
Well the trip is slowly ending but here are a few pics from the past few days. Sean and Brian took the kids to the baseball game in Greensboro and they had a little park to play at beside the stadium, actually I think it was in the stadium so I'm not too sure how much watching they actually did but I think they had fun! After they had a fireworks show that my kids LOVED. It was better than the Canada Day show that we had in Kingston! Brayden kept looking at Dad saying "it's still going!!!"
When we left Brian and Robin's place we made it all the way to a place called Washington, Pennsylvania. There were some awesome outlet malls there so we stopped to get a couple hours of shopping in before we ended the day. The kids were insane and I felt like I was running into each store and running out as fast as possible just to get things done. Sean made his way into a men's store and found crazy deals on clothes that he needed for work so we spent most of our time in there while he tried stuff on and I constantly said "Stop running!" "Don't touch that!" "Taylor don't try on the sunglasses" "Brayden stop hiding under the clothes!" and on and on and on...but in the end Sean was very successful and Drew and Brayden and Char got Halloween costumes and everybody but Drew found a fall coat! yipee! One day I will go back and do some shopping for moi! I guess I have to take the backseat sometimes.
The next morning we found a chapel and went to 9:30 church for an hour. The kids did pretty good considering the fact that we had nothing for them to do or eat. I actually think I might try that in our sacrament because it almost made it easier to keep them quiet.
We are struggling with the poopy factor though...not that we're even trying to potty train her on the road, but every time we have to change a pull up both of us vomit in our mouths! Seriously it's getting old Taylor...enough! So she is having issues...I think she is holding it in so she won't get in trouble from us so in return she poops like 4 times a day because she won't just let it all out in one push! So at church I was keeping her quiet with a bunch of Carter's gift certificates, kind of like a little deck of cards to play with. Well I had to take her to the bathroom so when she was on the toilet I was trying to get her to push the rest of 'it' out and she dropped all the cards in the toilet! AH...and yes...I got them out and threw them away...they never would have flushed!
We made our way to Niagara Falls that day and checked into the Great Wolf Lodge. If you are ever looking for a great place to stay with your kids this is it! There is an amazing waterpark(of course I forgot pictures), mini golf, arcade, little kid spa, cub care (daycare and pajama parties), story time at night with the animals that talk, etc!!! Every night we headed to the lobby for story time where the animals talk and sing some songs and then they have a guy read a couple of stories, either Dr. Suess or Robert Munsch! The kids loved it!
Yesterday we headed to the Falls! What an amazing place this is! I can't believe somebody put themselves in a barrel and headed over them! Crazy! The parking was $20 everywhere we looked so we parked about 30 min walk away and walked. I figured we needed the exercise since we've been eating out so much this trip! When we got to the place where the parking started Sean looked at everybody and said "Sweet...our walk just saved us 20 bucks...what do you want to spend it on?" Clearly we need help saving our cash! ha ha
We got some good pics, had some lunch and then headed back...on the way it was 'raining' but after we realized it was the mist from the falls being blown by the wind. It lasted for about 5 min straight as just a heavy mist...kinda cool!
Today we got up, did a little more swimming and checked out. Before we left we had bought the kids all a little souvenir from the gift shop. Drew picked out a little stuffy of a wolf that he named "wolfy". As we were packing the car he couldn't find him. He started to panic and we spent the next 10 min frantically looking through the whole room tearing it apart and then unpacking and repacking the car to find it. Still no wolfy! Drew started crying and we were totally bummed...well after a couple of minutes and Drew saying a prayer Brayden comes running to the back of the car and says "I found him!" Oh really? what a coincidence B!!! So we asked him where he found it..."Oh, just up here in the glove compartment!" (said with total innocence and a straight face). I don't know about this kid...he is sneaky beyond words! To fool us like that without breaking a smile? Needless to say he didn't get to play with his toy for the next while!
Now I'm sitting in the hotel room in downtown Toronto with Drew watching a movie, Brayden sleeping, Taylor lolly doddling around the room while she looks at me suspiciously (trying to poop) and Charlotte sleeping across my legs while I type. Sean is at a Priesthood meeting at the Stake Center where a General Authority is speaking to all the branch presidencies, bishoprics and stake and district presidencies. I guess he'll be back later...
I have nothing to drink, I can't go out and get ice without leaving one of the kids and I'm hungry! Tomorrow we're heading home and it's laundry and back to school last minute shopping! I can't wait for school next week! It's been a fun vacation but it must end and bring me back to reality! I love spending all this time with my family...they are all such good little travelers. We've taught them how to sleep anywhere and in the same room as eachother no less! Charlotte is no different. She sleeps in any noise and goes to bed in the room around 10 and sleeps until 6am. I can't complain!
Click on the pic below to view more
![]() |
| Aug 09 4 |


2 comments:
I seriously want to pass out from exhaustion just reading that!!!!! It sounds like you've had fun though. But it is always good to get back home and get back to life.
awesome pictures sister. char is sooooo yummy!!!
i am glad you are almost home i need to talk to you!
And as for shopping for you... i will be there soon and we can shop shop shop!! with nat in tote with me, We can get alot done!
Post a Comment