Monday, August 31, 2009

Beginning a new Fall!

Well I've been wanting to blog lately but hadn't had any pictures so you all know how that puts you off from bloggin! Anyway...here I am. I just went through all my mail from when we were away and bills and I'm starting to get organized for this next month! The boys are getting signed up in gymnastics and swimming and Taylor is just going into gymnastics. I figure she can just swim around in her water wings until she can be old enough for a class on her own and she can fully 100% talk to an instructor...oh ya and be potty trained! AH...I won't even go there right now...let's just say it's off for now! I tried really hard for 3 weeks of my life and she was more stubborn than an ass...and that's an understatement!


So it's back to the grind of things. I HAVE to teach Drew piano this year and finally get through his beginner book! It's hard to stick to a rigid schedule around here when other kids are crying in my ear...sometimes I think it would be easier to have somebody else teach him but I can't go and pay for somebody else since I'm right here and probably feel I would do a better job anyway! I just have to buckle down!

Well I think it's supposed to be beautiful all week so that's positive! I still have to go out and clean my car from our trip...it's nasty inside from practically living in there! I do love our car though...I must say...if anybody is looking for a van or roomier vehicle we've got it! The Nissan Quest has the biggest interior of all the mini vans on the market and you can really tell! It makes travel so much more comfortable...I could drive across the country and seriously never feel cramped to be in a car! Anyway...

Now it's back to the never ending task of tidying up my house and trying to clean it! I cut my maids out of the picture for now to save on some money so it's all me now :( I'm really torn about it but it had to be done. I plan to make up a schedule for cleaning so the bathrooms and important things get done at least every 2 weeks!

Here is my little "aunt Jemima" that will hopefully help me out with the cleaning! On Saturday night all the kids got a bath and I decided to put her rollers in her hair overnight. These new rollers I got came with a little 'do rag' to fasten over the rollers so they don't fall out and Taylor was more than happy to oblige! As soon as I put it on she kept saying "princess crown?" like she had some sort of fancy shmancy do!






Unfortunately I forgot to take an after photo of the curly sue the next day..oh well you can imagine she looked cuter than cute! I can't wait to dress her up for Halloween because she's gonna want to look all fancy and you know I'll go to the 9's for her! Ah...to have girls! I'm glad she's just like me! Charlotte has no choice but to be this way too!


Speaking of Char...she is chubby and beautiful as can be! She'll be 11 weeks old this Thursday and she is smiling away and cooing and laughing every time somebody comes close enough to see her face! We all love having her around...especially Brayden. He can't get enough of her! Always kissing her, holding her, trying to pick her up and sometimes doing it behind my back! He's a great little helper and I couldn't be more blessed!
Here is a pic of our new play structure that our friends gave us! I'm so glad I didn't spend a boatload on one since this was free! The kids love it and have little picnics up in the top!


I started up work again this morning and I just have no idea when I'm going to have time to work out and start to lose some of this baby weight! As much as I want to lose it I have to say that it is the last thing on my mind. I have come to the realization that life keeps going no matter how you look and I have to keep the most important things first and foremost in my agenda...kids, work, house (I can stop there because those 3 exhaust me most days!). I know things will settle down when both boys are at school and I have a little more time to myself but for now I'm just happy being content with the way I am!


L

2 comments:

Jeni said...

tay is such a sweet little girl. 2 weeks till i can get a grip on all of those kids. your backyard is so much fun sis!!

Julie said...

Love the little "do" rag! My mom did that to us every Saturday night of my little girl life!!!!! You look beautiful so don't worry about that pesky baby weight! There ARE more important things! Your backyard is awesome! How fun that you have so much to do back there.