Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lovin North Carolina

Aug 09
Click on the pic above for more!

Well I've been asked to blog from Sis so here I am. It's 11:38pm in North Carolina and everybody is in bed except me! This is what happens when I have a computer! Anyway...it's ok because I have a few more bits of energy in me before I go to bed.

So our trip so far has been fabulous! It didn't quite start out that way though...

On Friday we picked the boys up from sports camp and brought them home, packed up our car and were ready to be on our way when I thought to check for passports. We ALWAYS keep them ALL in the same spot in our car but when I went to look we were missing one...Dad's! Oh well I thought...I'm sure it's around here somewhere...or stuck in the back of the glove compartment or something...oh no! Minimal panicking at this point as we search the entire car, which by the way is already totally obsessive compulsively tidy and clean by moi...only to find nothing! It was probably 5:30 at this point. Well we were SO frustrated and close to giving up. Sean was post call and exhausted...this made him angry and rose the exhaustion level from 10 to 100. He stormed upstairs and said he was going to bed! WHAT? I couldn't really do or say anything since I had no idea where it was and no idea where to look! Well the kids were SO hungry and whining to get them some food. I hadn't gone grocery shopping for the very reason that we were leaving. Brayden opens up the fridge and says "Mom, can I have some butter?" At this point I crammed everybody in the van and headed to McDonald's. We loaded up on grease and came home and rolled out a blanket on the family room floor and had a picnic. This entire time I was still trying to figure out how we were going to get to the States...and if we even had the choice! Sean came downstairs finally around 700 and continued to sulk around the house with the rest of us. Our home has never had such a somber mood in it. Seriously...we were not happy campers!
Well we finally knelt down as a family in prayer and pleaded with God to help us find the passport! When we were done we kept looking. Sean was sitting at the study desk and started looking through piles of papers and magazines that we keep under the desk. All of a sudden he says "No way!!!" I turn around and low and behold it's his passport! Obviously it's in a place it should not have been! I started to scream...and I mean SCREAM for joy! I started jumping up and down I couldn't help myself! So by this time it was 9:30 and we were so ready to get out of there we decided to leave even though it was late and just see how far we could get.

What a relief to finally get out of there! Sean drove until about 2:00am and then I took over until 5:00am. Charlotte got in the car at 10:00pm when we left and fell asleep until 5:30am and the other kids pretty much followed suit! It was a quiet drive and honestly I can't say for sure that we were totally awake the entire time! I know that sounds scary but seriously I don't remember driving for a lot of the way! Anyway...we made it to Greensboro around 11:30am just in time for lunch and an afternoon nap!

Sunday was chill and yesterday we went to the Science Center in Winston-Salem followed by a quick dip in the community pool. Today Sean and Brian went to some of the PGA tour since Brian was manning the emergency tent and we just stayed at home with the kids and headed over to the pool again. It was HOT today...I'm glad the pool had a little shade because it saved Charlotte who was dying in that heat! Tonight we went to a yummy Mexican restaurant and then came home for smores out on their back patio!

We've had so much fun so far...Brian and Robin have a beautiful place here and have been awesome to accommodate all 6 of us! I'll try to take more pictures of the things we do this week! For now I guess I better go pump since my baby is such a great sleeper!!!

L

3 comments:

Jeni said...

ohhh cute pictures of the kids. lizzy and tay are so cute together! keep taking pictures.

angie j. said...

hope you enjoy NC! seriously, you're about an hour and 10 minute drive from us....and yes, it has been hot. if you do end up heading this way, let us know :)

Julie said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad you found Sean's passport and made it down to NC safely! We had a similar experience a few years ago with missing i.d. when we went on a Mexican cruise, except we were in CA and the documents in question were in CO! Its interesting how the Lord blesses us even in the maybe not so important things in life...not that a missing passport is less important, but you know what I mean! Have fun!