Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Anxiously waiting...

Well Nana arrives here in 2 hours and we are all very anxious about it! I've been very patient about not doing anything drastic to get this baby out of me until she got here so I'm especially excited...and nervous!



I saw my doctor this morning and he 'checked' me and not to go into the gorey details let's just say that I'm 2cm and looking very close. He predicts within the next couple of days it'll happen! My mom will be suffering from some major jet lag so hopefully it doesn't happen tonight because she might just die!
People always say that you forget what labour is like each time you have a baby and that's why we get pregnant again...otherwise we wouldn't put ourselves through that feeling of a burning ring of fire...but I beg to differ...I can definitely remember what it feels like and I'm really nervous about it. I have major anxiety actually and I'm just praying at this point that everything goes smoothly and I can get through it. With Taylor I had to be induced because my kidney infection had passed into my blood stream so I'm just thankful that this time I'm healthy at least! I'm hoping it's super fast since Drew was 2 hours from start to finish...mind you he had some assistance from a certain liquid (caster oil) that will NOT be going down my throat this time! I'm so thankful my mom can come and help out with the kids because that takes a huge stress off of me knowing that Sean can be with me and my kids are in great company for however long it takes. My other anxiety comes from being group B strep positive which means without antibiotics I 'could' pass it onto the baby when she's born. My doc tells me that in all liklihood it won't pass (without the antibiotics) if my labor is fast and since it's my 4th. So I run into the issue of "how long do I labor at home"? or "Do I go to the hospital as soon as I feel like something is happening so that I can get the dose of antibiotics?" It's only really effective if injected 4 hours before labor so who knows if it'll even matter! AH...anyway, you see my stress. My blood pressure was slightly elevated today for the first time EVER but that doesn't surprise me since all my kids were with me, the hospital was SO hot and I was about to be examined!

Well anyway...the bottom line is that Nana has come to save me and things are starting to happen so wish me luck! Any guesses on the date of delivery?

One funny thing that happened today at the hospital, when we were leaving Taylor and Brayden ran ahead of me and pressed the 'down' on the elevator. The doors opened right away but Drew and I were a little ways from the elevator still, so B and Tay ran inside only to see the doors start to shut on them! Brayden started to scream as I ran as fast as my waddling body would take me, to the elevator. I got there in time to force my arm in the side and push the doors back...I have never seen my child's face so WHITE! He seriously had lost all color in his lips and face! Ha...what a sweety. I think he learned his lesson to wait for me next time!

And last but not least, for those of you who are waiting to hear the great news about Brayden...I had meant to post a video but I'll just say for now...he took his training wheels off the other day and is now a 'big boy' at 4 1/2. He is pretty pumped about it because Drew didn't do it until he was 5 1/2! Anyway, now he's in need of a new bike since the one he's riding right now is pretty much a starter bike and takes him like 30 pedals per 5 of Drews to get going! Anyway, he's so pumped about it and very proud of himself! Yay Brayden!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

saltysista said...

Ok I am guessing the 18th! That way Nana will be all rested. Just thinking about labor can be so stressful and exhausting! I know your pain! Good luck with everything and we are so excited for you! I just wish we could meet her when she comes! Go B!!

Marilee said...

Oh I'm so excitd for you! I had a doc. appt. yesterday and because I've been having a ton of braxton hicks my dr. "checked" me to see what's going on. Turns out that at 34 weeks along I'm already dialated to a 2 and 25% effaced. A bit scary and now I'll need to slow down a bit. Don't want this little thing to show up too early! Good luck in the coming days. Can't wait to hear how it all goes and see pics of your sweet little girl. Glad your mom got there before you had her!

US WEEKLY said...

ooo good luck Libbs, I will be thinking of you all week...I always do anyways! I love the boys hair to! B is SOOO blonde! love ya xoxo nena

Jeni said...

Yea for bray! and my guess for a date??? well you are due in less than a week which is a record for you. this is farthest baby yet. I say today or tonight. the 17th. maybe early tomorrow morning. I WISH i WAS THERE!

Alysha Sladek said...

hooray brayden! that's so exciting!
and you're SOOOO CLOSE! Good luck with everything. I'm glad your mom will be there to help. That makes it just a little less stressful. Hopefully this little one comes soon. i can't wait to see pictures :)

Nadine said...

Libby so excited for your mom to come visit you and of course your nrw arrival. So excited for you. Miss you lots and think about you often. Sorry I have been in outer space lately! 8)

Emily said...

wow, your labours and mine have a lot of similarities. castor oil, really really fast deliveries, group b strep. ever since my 1 hour, ambulance ride delivery, i have been too afraid to even think about getting pregnant again. i can feel your anxiety! i'm glad that it's all over and done with though. :) again, she's beautiful and i love her name!!