Well Sean made it to 30 without a blink! I felt bad this year because I had something BIG planned (a trip) for the two of us and it was a surprise but it just wasn't going to work out this year :(
So instead we ended up in Ottawa and dinner at Lone Star with our little family!
I also found a new way to ENJOY dinner out with my entire family...dvd player! Taylor sat here and ate her dinner the whole night and didn't want out of the booth at all! Wow...that was awesome! We were out a few weekends ago and saw another family that had done this and wondered to ourselves "why haven't we ever thought of that?"
So instead we ended up in Ottawa and dinner at Lone Star with our little family!
I also found a new way to ENJOY dinner out with my entire family...dvd player! Taylor sat here and ate her dinner the whole night and didn't want out of the booth at all! Wow...that was awesome! We were out a few weekends ago and saw another family that had done this and wondered to ourselves "why haven't we ever thought of that?"
Brayden had to find the waiter and tell him that it was Dad's birthday so that he could wear this totally dirty hat that has been on how many other greasy heads? Ya...Sean played along for the kids though!
Now we're back and so far today I've tidy'd my entire house, eaten lunch and put Taylor down for her nap. Now it's time to go outside and catch some rays with my new book "Angels & Demons"! I love it so far and I can't believe I've gone this long without reading it! I read "The DaVinci Code" forever ago and Sean always told me that I'd love this one too...so here I go!
This pregnancy is getting close to the end and I can feel it as every time I pick something heavy up or lean over and get up again my stomach tightens and my back throbs. I've started getting braxton-hicks contractions into my back the last couple of weeks and this only heightens my suspicions that it's getting closer!
I have to add one thing that frustrates me to NO end...in the morning when I'm trying to get the boys outside to the bus stop, inevitably something always happens to Brayden and he ends up crying at the door right before he has to leave. I hate this because I hate pushing him out the door with tears in his eyes...what a bad way to start a new day at school! So the next 60 seconds are spent trying to figure out what is wrong, calm him down, solve the problem and still get him out to the bus before it leaves him! This morning wasn't any different. I asked him to run upstairs and get some socks on. Simple task right? Well Drew is out the door and I turn around to see him wearing some basketball shorts and a sleeveless white top. Nothing wrong with that right? I would say so, except for the fact that I know he had just turned his hamper inside out to find this outfit which he wore about 5 days ago and the shirt was still showing the stains from the last time he wore it! So of course I say he can't wear dirty clothes to school and he breaks down completely! Brayden is SO fragile and will crumple at any moment, you just never know what will upset him the most! So I said okay, he can wear the shorts but not the shirt, to which he still cries! I run upstairs, find a clean shirt and come down to put on his jacket...oh no...doesn't want to wear that and starts to cry harder...he wants his sweatshirt! AH...so I'm half irritated at this point, half wondering how I'll calm him down so that I don't have to drive him to school because I already told him I wouldn't! (so glad I didn't have to follow through on that one)
Well, I sat down, wiped away his tears, distracted him by talking about the cool sweatshirt he had on and told him about the yummy treat I stuffed in his lunch for today (finally a smile!)
So the morning ended settled with our special handshake before he headed out the door saying "I love you Mom". Four words I cannot live without!

4 comments:
remember when you wanted to name your child braxton??!! haha
B, I can just see that whole scene happening, what a cutie!
Happy Birthday sean!!
happy birthday sean! nice hat! sick, i hope he got a free piece of cake with it! or something! what a great idea, having the dvd player! we will totally have to try that! we rarely go out anymore because keeping jacey under control is too much of a nightmare! that just might do the trick though!
Happy Birthday Sean! I totally know about 2 things that you're talking about. #1--having your kids leave for school sad. I HATE that. I stew and fret and worry all day when they leave the house sad or angry. So I'm glad you got him settled down. #2--Having boys dig dirty clothes out of their hampers. Jackson totally does it and its gross!!!!
Great idea with the DVD player - I'll have to remember to pack that bad boy. I love your stories but at the same time I feel bad that I don't write more. With 40 hours at the office, 10 hours of drive time and the few priceless hours with Ryan I have nothing left to give. Anyway, you rock!
Post a Comment