Wednesday, April 01, 2009

We're back

Apr

Click on the picture above to see more!

So we got home from our long trip to Calgary and it feels great! I have a bunch of things to do today...in the house so no big deal, but to put my mind at ease and feel more at home I have to do them (Laundry, kitchen, tidy up things Sean puts out of order, etc). The boys are at school and so it's a nice quiet day with Taylor.

On our flight home on Monday morning the kids were amazing! Seriously, I was really blessed! I think I decided that I love early morning flights (6:15am) because my kids are still kind of in zombie mode and aren't very active. It was a 3H 45m flight and they seriously sat in their seats the whole entire time. Brayden fell asleep for about an hour and the other two just sat there and watched tv or the DVD player. When we got to TO Taylor had just fallen asleep as the plane landed so I had to carry her, my computer bag, and my purse and her coat and mine! The flight attendant offered to carry my purse which was really nice but as we stepped off the airplane she gave it right back and said goodbye! Gee thanks lady for carrying it the whole aisle of the plane instead of following me to baggage claim like I'd anticipated! Needless to say, Tay woke up about half way to baggage claim (thank goodness) just as my groin was about to give out from pain (I have a pulled groin muscle and walk like a penguin)! When we were on the escalator to the baggage my kids spotted Sean standing there with all 5 of my bags already on the cart! I immediately started to cry as I watched them all sprint to their Dad! I have no idea why on earth I was crying because the flight wasn't bad at all...I guess I just missed him and was overjoyed!

We stayed the night at a hotel in Toronto and had some fun playing in the swimming pool there. I think we swam 3 different times...the kids have really turned into little fish! It's a totally different world swimming with kids that can swim vs having to watch and hold onto all 3 of them!

We were going to Zoo it on Tuesday but decided we'd hold onto our tickets until the weather was a bit warmer. There is NO snow here though and it's awesome!!! About 8 degrees today and I'm already in flip flops!

On the way home we stopped at the Big Apple which is an enormous apple on the side of the road and there is a restaurant, store and mini golfing and most people go to buy apple pies! I've always wanted to stop there so finally we did! I bought a strawberry/apple pie and an apple crumble that I'm told is supposed to be the yummiest...we'll see! The kids golfed and fed some lamas and just before we got too cold we left for home!

I think it'll take a few days to adjust to the time change between here and Calgary because the boys would NOT go to sleep last night! We were yelling at them over and over to stop talking and playing and it took about 2 hours! Drew finally came downstairs crying because his loose tooth was bothering him. It was REALLY loose so I told him about what Gdad used to do to our loose teeth! If my siblings don't remember, he would tie some floss to the tooth and then to the door and slam the door! It worked every time. I told Drew that he could either go to sleep because I was sure the tooth wouldn't fall out in his sleep, or have me do pull it out that way...surprisingly he picked the door method! So we nervously walked upstairs...I say we because I was also nervous, never having done this method to my children before. In my bathroom I tied some floss in a knot around his tooth and started staring at the door, wondering what the best way to do this was! While I was taking my time he changed his mind and started to freak out. I tried to calm him down but to no avail...so as he was talking nervously to Brayden I was so fed up with his whining that I yanked on the floss myself and in a split second the tooth hit the floor! Drew was so shocked he didn't know what had just happened until I told him the tooth was gone! I gave him some toilet paper for the bleeding and we found the itsy bitsy tooth on the floor. I think the blood freaked him out a bit because when he went downstairs to tell Dad he couldn't stop crying. You'll see in the picture he's sitting on Sean's lap crying because of the blood, but when Sean finally got the tissue out of his mouth and realized it wasn't bleeding anymore he was happy as a clam and gave me a big smile! Oh the drama of the first tooth! I'm so glad it worked my way because I was so nervous that it wouldn't pull out that way and then what? He would never trust me again!

Sure enough the Tooth Fairy came with $4.45 in a Ziploc baggy this morning and Drew couldn't be happier!

Well back to reality and the daily grind!

L

6 comments:

Emily said...

hahaha, that is SO funny!! i am totally laughing out loud right now! i love it! i can picture myself doing that to my kids too! so funny! glad you had such a great trip and that your kids were so good for you on the way home! that's so sweet that you cried at your little family's reunion!! it's hard to be away.

Julie said...

oh the drama of the first tooth, and the second, and the thrid...it really doesn't get any better, unfortunately!!! I'm so glad he survived it though. He's so cute with a big hole in his mouth! I'm glad you made it home safely. I love that you cried when the kids ran to Sean. It must be the pregnancy hormones!!!!

Jeni said...

4.45?? wow I need that tooth fairy to come to my house! I could make a killing if I knocked out all my teeth!'
GO DREWY GO!! haha that is so funny and I totally get nerveous reading that story!

Eric and Kathleen said...

So funny! Looks like you had so much fun with your fam. I'm going to see mine tomorrow!!!!
And those bows are pretty easy to make. Jeni and I will make you some!

saltysista said...

Nice Libs. Say hi to the family for me!!! Drew I cant beleive you lost your first tooth!!! that is awesome, you are getting so old!

Wishing for the West Coast said...

Welcome home! I called to wish you a happy birthday last night - I hope you had a great day!

Love ya!