Friday, March 27, 2009

Love the mountains

Banff

We had a fun day today in Banff. It was supposed to snow but we decided to go up anyway since the kids haven't been around the mountains in a long time. I'm really glad we did because it didn't snow and the weather was not too bad!

We had lunch and then went to the museum where you can see all the animals from the Rockies that have been stuffed and put on display. When we walked in Taylor saw the animal heads mounted on the wall and said "Look Momma...stuck!" She thought they were stuck in the wall...so cute! Anyway, the kids loved loved loved seeing the animals...Drew was in awe! I'm really glad we went there instead of the gondola! Then we went to the candy store and the kids went insane grabbing everything in sight. Drew and Brayden got the good ol' golden nuggets gum that Jeni and I always used to get...it's actually really tasty!

When we got home we went swimming at Cochrane pool and it was a blast! The girls had matching bathing suits on and were squealing the whole time. Taylor has no fear of the water, it's a good thing she was wearing water wings because otherwise she would have been in trouble. I was so proud of my boys though...their swimming lessons have paid off big time! Drew and Brayden were swimming under water with their eyes open like little fish with no fear! It's a whole different experience to swim with 3 kids and not have to worry about 2 of them. I still kept my eye on them but they were awesome!

I know Seany is super lonely and we can't wait to see him in a couple of days!

L

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love that Candy Store in Banff. Its the best ever! Cute pictures. Everyone is adorable!