Friday, February 20, 2009

My week

Ok, it's been a little too long lately but it's like I'm waiting for this amazing story to tell and it's not happening! One great things happened this week and that is that my journal (blog book) for 2008 arrived in the mail! It looks fabulous and I'm SO happy with how it turned out! I started to read it last night and laughed at myself and the crazy stories that I wrote down from last year. I'm so thankful that I've been keeping this journal-like blog because it's helped me to reflect on all that I'm grateful for and remember the simple wonderful things in my life!

So let's think about my week thus far...Monday was family day but didn't feel all that exciting for me since Sean was working. I stayed at home with the kids all day and finally decided to jet out for a Mcdonald's dinner and playtime in the evening. Boy am I glad I did because they had so much fun and I got to enjoy a delicious strawberry pie! I love MCdonald's pies but usually they are apple or blueberry. Occasionally they get the cherry ones in like a few months ago which is exciting, but right now it's strawberry! YUM

Tuesday morning the boys went to gymnastics and Taylor was actually great while we were there. Usually she hates sitting upstairs and watching them and screams to leave. This time she watched them and just walked around and talked to people, was very calm and let me sit for an hour and do nothing. Drew is getting very good at gymnastics. He has some skill. They've told him to register for the boys class 6-9 year olds in March when it starts. Basically they start to move towards boy stuff like vault, rings, rope, etc instead of beam and uneven bars etc. He was really excited to hear that and so I think I'll put him in. As tiny and skinny as he is, he's strong so I think he'll really do great watching older kids and aspiring to do better! Brayden just loves to be there and goof around with the other little 4 year old boy in his class. This week I saw his coach wag her finger at him more than once...he's a little too hyper at the wrong times sometimes! So Tuesday night Sean got home from being at work for 48 hours and lucky me, still let me go out with my girlfriends for the night. I felt kind of bad because I woke him up after he'd only had 1 hour of sleep and dragged him downstairs for dinner so that I knew he was at least 1/2 way awake before I left. He is such a good man and needs a vacation! So we went out for my friend Susie's birthday and saw "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and then Kelsey's for appetizers. It was pretty funny - to be honest I liked the book better but who doesn't? Susie is the loudest laugher I have ever heard and she snorts! So that made the whole experience even better! I definitely forgot that I don't digest popcorn and diet coke that well late at night when I'm pregnant and so it lead to a sick night for me...and half of the next day unfortunatley. Ugh...I might not have popcorn for a long time!

Wednesday morning I called the Dentist and cancelled my appointment for a cleaning as I was having a complete panic attack! I absolutely HATE the dentist and especially when I'm pregnant my teeth are SO sensitive. I couldn't stand to go so I cancelled. I know it'll have to happen eventually but maybe I'll wait until the summer some time. I can't remember what I did on Wednesday to be honest with you...not much I don't think. I faintly remember going somewhere with Taylor but where...I couldn't tell you!

Yesterday I took the kids to the Playtrium across town and met some friends there for a couple of hours. They had a blast and Taylor was non stop! She ran from place to place, slide to slide, climber to climber without stopping. It's like she thought we would be leaving at any moment and had to get as much in as possible! Such a cutie! When we got home, to my sweet surprise, Daddy's car was home! I feel like I haven't seen him at all this week, it's been one of those weeks so just having him in the house was awesome! He actually was able to eat lunch with us YAY! I barely got him at dinner, I'm not sure he was there with us, his body was but I think he was eating in his sleep since I had to wake him up. This time however he had a meeting to go to so don't think I'm mean...he had to wake up!

I ordered this prenatal pilates dvd in the mail the other day and tried it out yesterday for the first time. It was awesome! It feels so good to get toned and keep my body in somewhat good shape while I'm pregnant. In all my pregnancies I have never exercised (sounds terrible) but they were during the winter and I had no motivation, nor did I care! For some reason this time I care and I guess I remember how hard it was for me to lose any weight after the baby and how depressed I was. I hope this time by doing something every day my body will be more resiliant to getting back to normal after delivery. So this work out involves weights and I was reminded very harshly yesterday that when I weight lift I get a headache later that day. I had the most excruciating headache last night, I feel like I have a hangover this morning because my muscles in my face are SO sore from pushing on them! I gave myself a bruised eye once the next morning because I had pushed on my face so much the night before! Yes I'm a little weird when it comes to my headaches but when there is nothing else that relieves the tension? Anyway...hopefully today when I work out I'll be able to relax for the rest of the day and keep my tension under wraps!

Oh ya! It's snowing here again! For the past couple of days it's been snowing and currently is now! AHHHHH...go away! I can't wait for spring!

7 comments:

tlr said...

you always do so much in a week! I usually don't do anything! Good for you for working out with this baby, it's still hard to lose after but it's nice to keep going.

Lynne said...

It is nice to read about your week. Sounds like Sean is keeping very busy too. I can just picture Taylor running from slide to slide. What a cutie-pie!

Lara said...

I want to order a blog book. Where did you have yours done? That's weird the headache and weights. I'm going to start lifting weights next week. I need to lose some weight again. Don't you love it!!!

Wishing for the West Coast said...

You are my hero! I can't believe how much you get done but the detail in your blogging. Can't wait to see you in Calgary!

B

Jeni said...

good update. i want pictures.
i have a headache right now too.

Heather Palmer said...

Great update! I'm glad your blog book came. I've been meaning to do one but I keep putting it off.
Im so sick of the snow too. Time for spring!
I'm sorry about your headaches. You need Gannon to work on you...he is a miracle worker with my tension headaches and migrains.

Alysha Sladek said...

Sorry to hear about your headaches. Those are brutal! Where did you get your blog book done? I'm using Blurb, but wondering if there's a better/cheaper way to go...