Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fever and Finances

Well today has been completely at home with the kids because of Drew. The poor guy woke late last night with a fever of 40 and was kind of sleepless because of it. When he was little he used to have febrile siezures when his fever would spike so it always scares me when he gets hot. Anyway, this morning he didn't want to get out of bed and totally zonked till 10am which is SO unlike him! I started my usual dose of Tylenol every 2 hours and Advil every 2 hours to control his heat...when I went to look for the Advil I soon realized that most of my medicine in my "medicine cabinet" is expired...and REALLY expired, like by 2-3 years! what the? I had to go around the corner to the pharmacy to get some Advil for him so I took the other two kids and called aunti Jeni so he would have somebody to talk to while I was gone. Thanks Jeni! It made him feel alot better to not be left totally alone.
Well I'm happy to say that he's now in the other room on Sean's computer playing computer games with Brayden so hopefully the fever is not coming back. I'm always paranoid about what to feed kids after they've been sick...soup I guess? He hasn't had an appetite today at all but I think he should have something for dinner at least!
A great plus to being home all day was my organization skills! My study has been in great need of organization since we moved here 2 years ago and I finally took the time to do it! Now I know the exact meaning of EVERY peice of paper on or around my desk and my file cabinet is all cleaned out for new filing. I basically boxed everything up and put it in my basement because it was bills from like 3 years ago in my filing cabinet! So I feel so great sitting here at my desk with nothing on it except for the computer, printer and speakers! My bills are paid and I'm fully aware of where my finances stand! I know this is totally boring and probably means nothing to everybody else, but to me I'm very proud of myself for staying on top of things since the New Year began. I was a bit tardy when it came to that for the past 2 years and I would be lying if I said it didn't cause stress on our marriage. I'm so grateful for a husband who can trust me with something so important as budgeting...at least it's something I can take from his busy mind!
I doubt I'll be taking the boys swimming tonight because of Drew so we'll have to chill at home. I'm feeling like something other than macaroni tonight so I better go to the kitchen and start using my brain!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm glad he is starting to feel better. Love you Drew!!

Jeni said...

I loved talking... well listening to him breath today. He was so cute. I know how it is to be sick though. YOu dont want to talk, so we just sat there together. Porr little guy, I am glad he is feeling better.

Alysha Sladek said...

poor little guy. i hate it when they're sick. good for you for being on top of the finances. one day i will be...

Emily said...

aww...poor drew! i hope he feels better! good for you, i totally know the feeling you are experiencing, I JUST went through our desk and filing cabinet and organized everything!! it feels amazing!!! finances included!

Krissy Marshall said...

It is definately "that time of year", when flus and sickness pop up. Jonas has an Eye infection and he just got over the flu...What the heck? I hope Drew is feeling better today!!