Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The boy who hates sweets!

Here are a few pics of the other night when the kids had ice cream cones for dessert. Taylor and Brayden LOVE ice cream and will finish their cones to the bitter end...not Drew! He won't eat anything like it! He'll have a piece of cake from a birthday party but just eat some of the icing, he might have one bite of ice cream when we get it, wouldn't touch the pudding dessert I made the other night, and the list goes on...
So instead I made him his favourite vanilla yogurt with apples and cinnamon, like my mom used to make. Still a good snack and actually much healthier than the rest of us had but I just think it's hilarious!
So the time came yesterday to make dinner and I had no desire! I've done a good couple of weeks of meals every night and it's worn me out! I know that sounds lame but last night the kitchen was not comforting me at all...so we made pigs in a blanket (hot dogs with pastry). The kids loved it and I ate a couple and promptly got a good ol' dose of heart burn...nice! They had swimming last night too and as much as I didn't want to go (super tired yesterday) I ended up going because we have some friends there whose son also swims at the same time. It gives me a chance to see them each week. The boys are getting better at trusting the water and the instructor. Drew was being a little terd though, sneaking along the wall when the instructor was helping out another kid. He kept doing it and would look up at us and smile and every time I was pointing for him to go back to the steps with my big bug eyes. He didn't get it so Sean had to finally yell at him...a very rare thing as we all know!
So last night once the kids were in bed we bunkered down and watched "Rendition" with Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhall? Ya, I can see now why it didn't do too well in the theatre. One of those movies that you watch to the end but you kind of know the whole time that by the end of the movie you won't be all that impressed. When it ended at 11:30 we looked at eachother and were sad that we spent the last hour doing that instead of going to bed:(

Drew was up SUPER early this morning...I'm talking 6:00am downstairs watching tv! What the? Sean was leaving for work and I heard Drew talking to him downstairs so I whisper yelled at him to come up and go back to bed. He kind of twisted and turned for the entire hour in my bed and it ended up being a waste for me since I couldn't get back to sleep! One of these days I'd like to wake up feeling refreshed and not have my body ache like it does.

So it's a beautiful day today...I kind of want to go for a walk with Taylor but she has to have a nap. Maybe when she wakes up I'll take the kids out when the boys get home from school. I have the biggest craving to get out there into the freshness.

I had two little boys come over this morning for a few hours as their parents had to go to a funeral. They are cute and Taylor had fun with them. I noticed though that when other kids are in my house I feel like I have to follow them around and stay with them so nothing in my house gets wrecked. Taylor can roam and I don't care where she is because she doesn't really get into anything that hasn't been kid proofed. But when other kids are over something is bound to happen so that is how my morning was spent. Of course now I'm back on my computer when I really should be doing my laundry!

I'm really excited for Friday because I got a babysitter and Sean and I are going on a date! I haven't seen much of him lately and I feel like unless we plan ahead like this we won't be doing too well this weekend. That's all I'll say about that...

Well Taylor is saying "Mom sleep!" so I better go put her down!

4 comments:

Julie said...

How cute that Taylor asks to go to bed. Reecey does too sometimes. That is hilarious that Drew doesn't like sweets. And I really like that you're such a good updater. Thanks for the good reads!

Emily said...

i wish i was like drew and didn't like sweets! the boy is lucky! i hate days when my kids wake up earlier than normal! throws my whole day off! and as for dinner, i NEVER feel like making it, so I'd say once in two weeks is pretty good! have fun on your date!! i just went on one for the first time in MONTHS with jeffrey for his birthday! it was the best, so enjoy yours! :)

Jeni said...

love the new music.
drew is hilarious that he doesn't like ice cream. wierd. i will say that must be the haslam in him cause there is no miller in that at all!!
and bug eyes and wisper yell?? haha i can picture both and it totally made me laugh!

saltysista said...

The bug eyes made me laugh too! Love that look! I need to try to use that one on Melia! I can't believe Drew doesn't like ice cream. I could understand cake or something like that but who doesn't love ice cream?? Miss you guys!