Saturday, January 24, 2009

A great smile and one crazy chin!

2009_01_23

Well the week as gone by fast and lots has happened! On Wednesday I had an appointment with a new Dentist that just opened up down the street from us. I have been wanting to find myself a Dentist here ever since we moved back but it's been hard to commit. I had been previously referred by a Pediatric Dentist in Calgary to one of his schoolmates here in Kingston and brought the boys to see him 6 months ago. I was NOT impressed at all by his bedside manner and his office. There were no kiddie distractions at all during procedures so all Drew had was the sound and sights of all the drills! I don't blame him for hating the dentist! Anyway...when this new place opened I decided to try it out for the whole family and just forget about a Pediatric Dentist. So anyway I went on Wednesday and found a beautiful office with a great waiting room which was a great start! They gave me a tour of the place and I found out that the Dentist works with his wife (Hygienist) in the office together. It's a small operation but they are GREAT and very nice. The next morning I brought the boys for their cleanings and I am SO much happier than I was at the last place. The boys watched tv on a computer screen the whole time that their teeth were being cleaned and Jill was so awesome to them! I'm so glad I followed my instincts and made the change when I did! To top things off...NO CAVITIES!!!!!!!!! This is the first time my kids haven't had cavities so we were all very pumped about that!


On Thursday I got my Visiting Teaching done for the month which hasn't happened in awhile so that felt good!


Friday early morning I had my ultrasound!! I'm still trying to get used to what I found out on the scan...I'm still carrying an IT baby! That's right...IT kept IT's legs closed the entire time with the little feet crossed, thus preventing us from finding out the sex! AH...This has never happened to me before...all my kids have NOT been shy at their 18 week scans! I don't think I have another chance of an ultrasound so I'm trying to get used to the fact that it's out of my control. The anxiety is high let me tell you! I'm such a control freak, that not knowing kills me! Anyway...the baby is HEALTHY which is the most important thing and that makes me happy and allows me to breathe steady for awhile. I've just started to feel it move but it's so sporadic that some days I freak out a bit, wondering if everything is okay!


Last night we had a Branch talent show. We weren't really sure how many people would show up to it but we decided to plan something anyways and hope that it turned out okay. Of course I could only think of one thing to do...music! I LOVE singing Opera and don't get that chance very often so I decided to do that. It seemed kind of boring so Sean thought of a funny spin we could put on it! Check out the video...we messed up at the beginning with starting my music but be patient and let it roll...Please remember people that I'm laying upside down, on my back, had just had dinner so the food is rolling up my esophagus, I'm nervous and my mouth was SO dry!


(I just watched this and the lighting really sucks so hopefully you can see, but if not you get the idea with the picture above) I got many laughs which made it difficult to sing and remember my Italian lyrics at the same time but I got through it okay. I showed the kids the video when we got home and the boys couldn't stop laughing...I think this is one of their favourite things to do around here...chin talk!


Taylor is sick...I'm not sure I ever remember her throwing up in her life which makes it hard for me. She is such a tender spirit. I've heard of kids pooping in their crib and playing with it, or throwing up and playing with it and getting nasty...this is not my child. She pooped once in her pull up during a nap and took it off. She started to cry and when I went into her room she covered her face in total embarrassment and disgust. She didn't want to have anything to do with it. The other morning I went in to get her and there was puke all over her crib, totally dry! She must have done it during the night and just slept in it, not knowing what happened. Anyway, she knew something happened when I went in and covered her face again in humiliation. I picked her up and brought her to the bathtub where she continued to cover her face and cry. It is so cute and sad at the same time. Anyway, she had a rough night last night and this morning and still...I feel like I can't leave her and as much as I hate watching Dora the Explorer I feel like I need to sit beside her all day and make sure she doesn't throw up all over the place. Hopefully she's better by the morning.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Libby, all I can say is that your voice is beautiful!!It brought tear to my eyes. Your Nana Reta would be so proud to hear her grandaughter sing like that! Now the video was so dark that I couldn't really APPRECIATE THE COSTUME AND THE CHIN SINGING. . Oh well. I enjoyed it anyway!!

Alysha Sladek said...

you have a beautiful voice. i love the chin head - that was hilarious! sorry that taylor is sick. hopefully she's better soon.

Julie said...

You're singing is as wonderful as ever, despite laying on your back with your head partially upside down! Poor Taylor. I'm so sorry she's sick. That sucks! I always feel so bad for the tiny kids when they just don't know what's going on! Hope she feels better soon!

Jeni said...

bahahahah!!! libby hilarious. also can you believe that I have never heard you oprah sing before? beautiful! even upsidedown!
taylor looks sooo much like you in that pic of her! and GOOD JOB boys on no cavities!!

Wishing for the West Coast said...

Wow, what a busy week. I loved the chin singing and can't even imagine trying that upside down while being prego. I can't believe you didn't share that amazing voice with us during our visit... Maybe Sean can hook you up with another ultrasound in a few weeks otherwise don't you have a 3D 4D place you could pay cash to have one done?

houseofhud said...

You are too funny! And I agree with everyone else...you have an AMAZING voice!