Well no pictures today but every time I go to my homepage I'm getting tired of looking at the same old post as I'm sure others of you are too!
Things are good around here...it's probably 16 degrees today and so warm outside! This afternoon I sat out on the front step and read my book while the boys rode their bikes and Taylor slept. I love reading. It's a great outlet and a way to calm my mind from my life and dive into somebody elses! I started remembering when I read "Twilight" and it got me really excited for the movie to come out on the 21st! Yay...I know what we'll be doing for our anniversary on the 24th! I know Sean secretly wants to see it too but he'll deny it. Does anybody know if they'll be doing a movie for all 4 books? I can't see why not?
Monday morning I woke up really sick...some sort of stomach virus I think because I couldn't stay away from the bathroom all morning. Anyway by the end of the day I was feeling a little bit better and the next morning everything was back to normal. Some 24 hour thingy...not fun though if any of you have experienced that. I hate being sick and I have to thank God for my blessings of being healthy every day because it's so rare that I do get sick, I can't imagine being chronically sick like some people.
I made a hair appointment today and when I was looking at the salon's website I started reading all about their spa and got a craving for a massage! Now I know what we're doing on our anniversary! hello! Sean and I love to get massages, what a perfect day that would be! I've always wanted to have a hot stone massage...has anyone ever had one? Please tell me it feels good! I could spend all day at the spa...literally...one day I will too...or maybe a weekend with the ladies! Anyone in?
So I've started to think about Christmas decorations. I think by the end of the month I'll have it done. Sean's parents are coming to visit us and so I'll have some extra hands around here to help out. I really need some new decorations this year though. I think some shopping to home sense and home outfitters is a must! I always say no to buying new decorations only because I have old ones...but honestly some of them are so old! I really want to do a second tree this year since we'll be having so many family come and stay. I'll have to see what I can find! I'm really looking forward to the kids having some new toys too! They are NOT into their toys right now and I need to get rid of some. What a waste.
Does anyone else feel like their house is always untidy? I swear I pick up the same things every day and every night. Also the kitchen...I hate cleaning the kitchen constantly! Why can't it clean up after itself? One day I can get my kids to do it...they'll know where everything goes and how to clean dishes and put Everything away...Taylor loves to help me unload the dishwasher. Whenever I open it she runs over and starts to unload the silverware into the drawer. She'll hand me one at a time and say "goo ger" (good girl) and when she hands me two at a time she'll say "two!". For some reason it's much funner to unload and do dishes when she's helping. Brayden said to me the other day "Mom, when I grow up I want to be a Dad, because Dad's don't help in the kitchen". Um...wake up call for Sean! Now when he's around he usually does help out...but he's not home for dinner much so I tried to explain that to B. Well the other day when he was home, right after dinner he snuck into the study and was on the computer while the kids started to play with toys. I was in the kitchen cleaning up the dishes and subtly went to Sean and said "what a perfect time to come and set a good example to your kids that you do help out honey!" So he came into the kitchen and announced "Look kids, I'm helping with the dishes!" Thanks honey!
8 comments:
You crack me up! nothing is ever done is it...J was helping Scott in the kitchen the other night and it was great, I just sat down with the other 2 and relaxed. I am lucky because he does help quite a bit in that room, I don't do mopping so someone has too! Hot stone massage sounds like fun, let me know if you get it and how it was! 8 years for you guys too this year uh!?
haha nice banter sis. sorry you are sicky I hate that too!!
I hope they make all 4 books into movies too and YES i am in on the spa day. I always talk to mom about that but she just wants the pedi treatment!! I want the full bod! as for toys, pass em on to us! We love new toys... well new used toys!
cant wait to come there for christmas though and right now... I AM DREADING the kitchen. It is 11 pm and I have to tidy the toys, pick up the this and thats and clean up the kitchen. blah I just want to go to bed.
That is hilarious what B said! I just read Twilight...I know what took me so long? I read it in 3 days maybe just 2? I am on the 2nd one now. I know the movie can't be as good as the book but I can't wait to see it. I am totally in on the spa day! Sorry you were sick. :(
I had a hot stone massage and it was very relaxing, but keep in mind it's not a deep massage...it won't make your back & neck feel any better at the end.
your kids are hilarious!! i loved all of those stories! and i wish i could have a spa day, i've never had one! it would be heaven! i'm so excited for the twilight movie to come out!! i'm sure they'll have to see how successful this first one is to know if they should make the other ones! it better do well, cause i'll want to see all 4.
"goo ger" is so cute! Brayden is hilarious. Its so funny what they come up with and how their little minds work! I'm totally in for a spa retreat...maybe a cousins spa retreat! Sorry you were sick and what are your plans for Christmas? I myself have debated a 2nd tree but never seem to want to bother with it once I get my 9 1/2 foot tree up. We'll see though...maybe this year. I think that about covers it!
So to answer your question about Twilight I just now read an article saying that they will do a series depending on how well Twilight does in theaters. So let's get all 4 books made into a movie and go 100 times!!!
Oh My goodness! B's comment had me on the floor laughing! :) How funny. Be sure to post photos when you get your Christmas decor up. I don't think I'll be decorating this year with all the packing we have to do to move right before Christmas. So I'll be living vicariously through everyone elses photos until we get to my parents. :)
And on the movies...yes...there is talk all over here about when and where they are going to be filming the next movie in the series. They haven't confirmed it as far as I know...but there have been scouts out and about our neighbourhood where the last one was done. Supposedly they want to do them back to back over the next four years so the characters don't age too much before they are done. I think they are waiting to see how it does the first weekend though so we'll see.
Post a Comment