Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remember Remember

Sean came home the other day with this cool chess board and taught the boys how to play so now every day when he gets home Brayden reminds him that it's time to play chess. I'm amazed at how they have remembered how to move each character and win the game. Some of the other pictures are from FHE last night when Sean was teaching the boys about before we came to earth and got our physical bodies. At one point he said "Jesus got resurrected so that one day we can be resurrected too!" Drew all of a sudden says "NO! I don't want to be resurrected like Jesus! Then they'll put the nails in my hands and wrists and feet!" He keeps getting crucifixation and resurrection confused! Once we explained once again that he wouldn't be crucified he felt better.
Today is Remembrance Day and I'm glad we had the opportunity to talk with the boys about it. They didn't know anything about WWI so it was neat to explain things and tell them why we have our minute of silence. I know you're supposed to do it at 11:00am but we were at gymnastics so we're gonna wait until Sean gets home tonight.

On another note it's kind of nice to have this holiday because it give me an extra day to get caught up with my work! Things have been a little crazy with typing these days so I love days like today!

When the boys were in gymnastics this morning Tay and I hopped over to Old Navy and found us each a wool coat. Hers is pink and adorable! She would stand there and try all these different coats on and boots. She is a great shopper!

7 comments:

Jeni said...

your kids have always been great shoppers eh??!! how did you get so blessed. Maybe mine are bad because a lesson is supposed to be learned, I SHOULDN'T BE SHOPPING! haha I LOVE LOVE LOVE and envy taylors beauitful locks! ok also that first pic of bray.. he is totally picking his nose. HILLARIOUS!

Emily said...

I'm also impressed that your boys can remember how to play chess. I've been taught countless times and I can only remember how the knight moves.

saltysista said...

Your boys are smart! I still don't know how to play chess. Maybe they can teach me next time I see them.

Wishing for the West Coast said...

Can I please have a blog lesson over the x-mas break? Your blog rocks!

Julie Jimmieson said...

Hey Libby
Email me and I can add your address to our blog readers. We had to make it secure due to the husbands new occupation!
Cute pics of your kiddies!
Julie
juliejimmieson@yahoo.ca

Hillary said...

Your family is so cute! I loved looking at your pics on the side bar. It looks like you guys were having such a fun time together. Cute background as well. Hope you are doing well!

Lara said...

That's funny the resurrection and crucifixion thing. How to terrify your children at FHE!