Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Rice Loop Krispies

Tonight Brayden decided to make some birthday rice krispies to bring to school tomorrow. It's his birthday on Friday but it's a PA day so he'll bring them tomorrow! He was so excited to put on the apron and be a 'cook' as he said. I saw in a picture that the box made the normal rice krispies but put fruit loops in them as well so I tried it...I think they'll be a hit! Taylor was pretty excited about the whole thing too!

Well today the boys had gymnastics that we went and watched. Drew is the kid that always has to be first in everything so I've noticed before that when he's going around doing what his coach told him to do he would speed through it and try to get ahead of other kids. I didn't think anything of it until today when they got their report cards and he noticed that Brayden passed purple but he didn't! Well come to find out it's because he doesn't do the best job listening because he wants to get through it first! He was upset but after we talked about why and let him understand that it's not a race through the different levels, and that everyone in his class was in different levels probably, he felt better. Poor guy, I felt bad but after hearing about why he didn't pass I was kind of bummed...I wish his coach would have talked to me earlier though...she never talked to me for how many weeks when I could have sat him down half way through the course and helped him to do better. Arg! That annoys me...oh well, whatever! anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...some guy just called me and said that they found Sean's wallet...kind of weird since I didn't know he lost it...and he found it in the Beer Store parking lot! ha ha ha ha...hmm....hahahahaha

So tomorrow I'm off to get my hair colored so that'll be fun! I always fight with myself about my hair...whenever I have an appointment I start thinking about how I should cut it...will I regret it? I'm trying to grow it out a little but the style has to change as I do that so it's figuring out the cutest style!

It's snowing today and a little right now which I'm happy about. It's not Christmas without snow so it's giving me hope that it'll be snowy when Christmas comes...this morning I wasn't so sure with green grass out front!

One last thing...Taylor is obsessed with Sleeping Beauty and constantly says "Ro-ra" to watch 'Aurora'. She also LOVES the song "Once upon a Dream" so we sing it around the house and she dances and sings along...I'll have to get it on camera some time because she actually sings the right tune! I have to say one thing and that is my kids have perfect pitch! Ya, not usually something most people are excited about but me? A very good thing! Yes, one day we will be the Haslam Family Singers...watch out!

5 comments:

Emily said...

haha, i was trying to figure out what brayden was wearing in that picture, then you said apron and it all made sense!! :) mmm...rice loop krispies sound really yummy, i'll have to try that! that stinks about the lack of communication between you and drew's teacher, lame-o. and if taylor has a fraction of the singing talent you have, she is going to be one talented lady!! i can't wait to hear the haslam famil singers!!

Lynne said...

What happened to the apron I made Brayden? Sounds like a yummy recipe though. Post a picture of your hair tomorrow

Jeni said...

bray is so cute with his little apron on! when we get the girls together they will have fun singing that song. although natalie only makes it through "I know..." but that is in tune!

saltysista said...

Happy birthday Brayden!!
-uncle Dan-

Krissy Marshall said...

I knew Sean was a closet drinker...Ha ha that is so funny they found his wallet in the beer store parking lot.

Can't wait for your frist family Album to come out!!