Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!!!

Oct 31


This Halloween was so much fun...crazy trying to get the kids ready in time to go out and get the candy as usual...but it all worked out! All the kids went back and forth with what they wanted to be this year...Brayden was supposed to be a ninja but found Dash downstairs and was sold! Taylor was always supposed to be Little Red Riding Hood but I wasn't sure what the weather would be like so I planned on her wearing the lion costume...well it ended up being about +15 so she was fine in this! Drew wanted to be Darth Vader but I found him some gloves at Value Village today for a power ranger so he changed his mind. I'm glad he did because I got to paint his face which was fun...not my best work as we were rushing but he loved it and thought it turned out!

Outside we caught up with some friends of the kids and ended up going around with them. Olivia is in Drew's class at school and he has a crush on her so we went around with her and her little sister who is B's age and their parents. Taylor wasn't sure at first what was going on but quickly got the hang of it and wanted nothing to do with my help! She HAD to hold her own goody bag too...even when it was so heavy she insisted on carrying it herself. So cute! She had so many comments on how precious her outfit was and I agree...seriously she was so adorable tonight!

Sean finished another pumpkin of "Hell" which you can see in the above photo album...it was a quick one since he didn't have much time when he got home from work...but it worked out. Drew kept saying "Dad I really like that hell one!"...hmm...not sure what to say about that one! ha ha

I also have to say...what is with little candy bars inside separate plastic baggies? Who takes the time to do that? This one house was handing out mini chocolate bars inside Ziploc baggies! I mean seriously...I don't get it!

It brought back a flood of memories of coming home from trick or treating and going through our piles of candy and eating our favourites. I always saved the bags of chips for the end since they were like the big treat! One of my faves is tootsie rolls! I LOVE them...they are killer triggers for my headaches but tonight I had to have one and it was good!

Here's a little video of them checking out their loot! They give a little shout out to the G-parents!

7 comments:

saltysista said...

Taylor looks so adorable! I love her costume! The boys too! Looks like they got a lot of good candy and had fun! Happy Halloween!

Julie said...

good job on the face painting! Isn't it so weird that we're the parents now. Sometimes I look around at my kids doing things that I did and just think, where are their parents? Oh yeah...its me!!!!! Crazy stuff! I love the good memories of when I was little though. Nothing can bring those back like the smell of lit pumpkins. btw--Jackson LOVED your barfing pumpkin. He wants to do it next year! The kids looked great!

Lynne said...

The kids looked so cute!! And T, what a doll!! Yum on all the candy! I used to wonder if it was better to let yu eat it all in a couple of days then it was gone, or to give yu a couple of pieces a day and then it lasted forever!!
Dentists must love Halloween!

Emily said...

They are so cute!!! I love their costumes! Taylor makes an adorable red riding hood! The pumpkins were great too! That barfing one is so gross!!!

Jeni said...

hehheheheheh natalie and taylor speak the same language. so cute! I think they both agree that trick or treat should come out TREAT.

I love them going through that stuff, totally giving away and trading what you dont like and saving the big bars and chips for later eh?

Jeni said...

OH I just looked at the pics and the faces look sooo good lib. nice job. t looks so pretty and the boys are so cute!! btw, when I was home I was totally looking at your baby pics and tay is YOu.

Gina said...

Taylors costume is adorable. They are all so cute. I love the video too. The funnest part of the night is watching the kids assess the loot!