Well I finally got the chance to attend the temple and it was awesome. I've never been to the Dallas temple so that was cool and Jeni's brother in law Garrett was going through the temple for the first time to prepare for his mission next month so he was there with all their family. It's always neat to be with somebody who is going through for the first time for various reasons:)

Here is Jeni and Newbie having some fun outside before we went inside.

Don't I have a cute sister? Seriously I can't even compete here!

So this morning we went over to Jeni's friend's house to watch General Conference on their tv since she doesn't have BYU tv at her place and when I was there I was coming down some stairs and tripped and fell...I tried to stop my fall and obviously you can see what stopped my fall! I think my toe is broken...we'll have to wait and see but it hurts SO bad!


I broke my finger in College and it healed like this...really wonky and people always make fun of it...especially my brother Brian until he got into a car accident and broke the same finger and it honestly looks the same as mine now! Carma sucks!

Anyway...hopefully my baby toe doesn't heal the same...although I'm not sure you can make a baby toe look any uglier than it already does...it's like this curled up worm that doesn't bend anyways right?

Jeni, Natalie, Stephen and I went to one of my favourite Mexican restaurants "Cristina's" the other day and the came and made homemade guacamole in front of us...so good!

Is anybody drooling yet? I'm tellin ya...I cannot get enough Mexican food...I could eat it for breakie, lunch and dinner!

Natalie was lucky enough to get her own diet coke and she drank like there was no tomorrow! Taylor would be so jealous right now Nat!

So I feel bad for my husband who didn't get to watch or listen to much of Conference this weekend with the 3 kids. The one good thing that came out of that was that I did! I got to listen to some excellent talks, my favourites were President Monson this morning and President Uchtdorf yesterday. They hit the nail on the head for me! President Monson encouraged us to ignore the stress in our lives sometimes and do more things with our kids, tell the people important to us that we love them and just enjoy the moments of life. Live your tomorrow's today. Don't put things off for the future. Such simple things right? It's just nice to be reminded to do the important things since we get so caught up with everyday stresses of life and careers and children that we forget to enjoy them! President Uchtdorf talked about Faith, Hope and Charity. Without faith there is no hope and without hope there can be no faith and if you don't learn that now, trials will be harder to get through when they come. All of my beliefs are based on faith and hope and without those I would be a lost soul. It's so comforting to hear him almost cheer me on and give me hope for things to come in my life and my life hereafter. Anyway, I was spiritually fed this weekend and it was definitely a treat! If anybody who reads this isn't familiar with General Conference you can view these two talks on the
church website. President Uchtdorf's talk was the last talk of Saturday am session and President Monson was the closing speaker from Sunday morning session. Also...they announced that they are building a TEMPLE in Calgary!!! Woo hoo! I don't live there anymore but I know Calgarians have been waiting for a temple for SO long and now it's come to pass!!!
I called my family the other night and was able to talk with each of my kids. I spoke with B first and he was so sad because Drew kept trying to take the phone from him so I told him to go to the bathroom and shut the door so I could hear him. We had a little alone time, during which I heard him go to the bathroom and flush the toilet (I was on speakerphone)! Drew got his turn next and then Taylor. She just kept saying "Mummy mummy?" During her talking Brayden tried to take the phone away from her and it was like world war III! Everybody was screaming and fighting with eachother wanting the phone because the phone was "mom"! Sean finally got them to stop long enough to ask if I was still there...we both laughed for a second and then said goodbye! He is such a wonderful guy to be there for our kids and allow me to be on this vacation! Love you honey...miss you too...xoxo
Tomorrow we're off to the Texas State Fair so more pictures to come! Hopefully I'll be able to limp around and not have to rent a wheelchair!
4 comments:
hahahaha i HAVE been looking at your finger all week. ALSO I am so sorry about your toe - and the fact that I bent it back tonight trying to help it. I suck!
Wow, is it my imagination or do you have your mom's hands? Sorry about your toe, I've done the same thing and totally feel your pain.
The missionaries invited us to conference and with this being Tom's first time I though one session would be appropriate as not to scare him away. Unfortunatly they gave us the wrong time (they were on Utah time) so when we arrived no one was there... I think I'll check out your link and view your two fav with Tom.
Sorry about your toe and yeah the little toe is a weird one. Have fun at the fair...it's awesome!
Wow. That toe pic made me cringe. I bet that hurts like a mo'fo. I've broken that toe before, and it hurt worse than breaking any other bone. Youch.
Post a Comment