These were my mini pumpkin cheesecakes that turned out fabulous! I had Sean stop by the grocery store when he got off work Monday morning and they were out of pumpkin pie filling so he came home sad and scared to tell me that we couldn't make the pumpkin dessert. I surprised him by saying "no worries" and cut up one of the boys little pumpkins that they were going to carve and baked it instead. I scooped out the squash and mashed it up and used the real stuff! I think that's why the color of the cheesecakes is so bright because of the orange pumpkin! mmm...they were SO good and topped off with cinnamon whipped cream!
My fabulous turkey!
Pistachio salad (a Haslam favourite) and cranberry sauce!
The feast! (those orange circles are candied yams that our friends brought as their contribution)
All in all I have to say that one reason I'm thankful to live far away from family is that it has forced me to come out of my food comfort zone and make my own family dinners! Going to my parents house every Sunday just wouldn't have helped me the other day! I think that's probably the only thing that's good about living far from family though!
Well it's Wednesday morning and the boys just got on the bus for the day. Taylor is watching Sesame Street in the next room and I'm sitting here listening to gun shots from the Military base down the street. They always practice in the morning and it sounds like a giant walking on sheets of bubble wrap! The first time we heard it we freaked out a little bit knowing that it was shooting but not knowing where it was coming from! I guess it helps me to feel safe in my neighborhood since 80% of my neighbors are military and probably have guns in their houses. I'm not sure if anybody would be dumb enough to come around here at night!
It's been a few weeks since Taylor has attended her swimming class so I'm looking forward to that today. She loves the water! She has no fear when it comes to swimming, it's actually a little scary. If you turned your back for one second she would be in the pool for sure..clothes and all. I think she really believes that she could either walk on water or float all by herself!
Sean has his licensing exam next Saturday so all of his free time has been spent on studying lately. He's a little stressed thinking about that, thinking about his future and what he wants to sub specialize in, where he wants to do a fellowship, where we might end up living when he sets up shop...so many decisions and so many options...it's scary to think about. I try not to bring it up unless he does so he doesn't get too stressed out about everything at the same time. I wish I could see into my future and know what decisions to make right now.
Saturday we're heading up to Toronto for a District Temple trip. Sean and I haven't been to the temple together in SO long and we're really looking forward to a day away and hopefully some time to reflect and get some answers about our life!
On a side note...I don't understand how Taylor hasn't completely wrecked her vocal chords yet from the amount of screaming she does! Honestly, that sound better turn into something pretty one day! :)
8 comments:
Nice work on the Thanksgiving dinner!!!!! It looks so yummy and could you please post the recipe for the pumpkin yummies and I NEED the recipe for Nana Buns cause for some reason I don't have it! I even made a thanksgiving dinner here cause my parents were here. It was yummy and my mom ended up with the stomach flu so I actually ended up doing it all by myself for the very first time too! CRAZY!
I like to think that tays screams will turn into your voice one day!
lets hope right?
OK those cheesecakes look devine! all of the food does actually. I am so proud of you too! It makes me want to host thanksgiving htis year here! And I dont know if having all those guns would make me feel safe, what if one of your neighbors went crazy and got out the gun? or what if someone broke in and stole the guns? but you are right, you are probebly safer than most! I know you are safer than me, seeing as how we have had our house and car both broken into! NO WORRIES nothing was takne but SCARY!
Hey, Can you post the pumpkin cheesecake recipe? I bought a can of pumpkin the other day just because I was craving it, and then couldn't decide what to make with it. Or e-mail me (nerissatyson@yahoo.com). Cheers Nerissa
WOW WOW WOW you get top honors for the Turkey dinner Libby...Looked so good those lil cheesecakes look so yummy. I love pumpkin. Hope you are well and those family pics are so nice. You and your family take great pictures. Wish I was as photogenic sp ? :)
those little pumpkin yummys look wonderful. I'll have to try them. It was great to talk to you on Thanksgiving!!;)
Dinner looks fantastic - I can't wait to make the Mini Kins!
That looks so unbelievably yummy! I am pretty sure I'm not capable of making something that yummy!
Tay & Nixon are kindred spirits. He's a total screamer too and it drives me nuts.
I'm really hoping you guys end up somewhere closer to home. I miss you too much already! SEriously. I was thinking of you the other day and was starting to have withdrawls! I love you guys. I hope you are close enough so we can visit regularly, someday soon.
Your food looks delish and your pictures turned out great!
Post a Comment