Why is it that your day can be going just fine and planned out and then one thing after another happens and all of a sudden you're yelling at your kids left, right and center and everything is annoying and you want to run out of your house, take a deep breath and scream? Actually maybe scream and then take a deep breath...I think right now I would scream first...then take my breath!
I'm giving a baby shower tonight and things just aren't falling into place for me. Now I wish I had waited until next week when my mom is here to help me...what is wrong with me?
Anyway...long story short, I have two extra kids here for who knows how long...maybe the night (long story but Dad is in the hospital) my veggie pizza didn't work out (yet), I didn't get a chance to buy everything I needed for tonight and I don't know when my hubby will be home yet! Just a tad stressed!
At this point I'm just hoping that Sam remembers to bring her pregnant self to her shower tonight!
PS...about the whole shower thing...today in the car Drew said "Mom will Sam's baby be at the shower tonight?" I said no because he was still in Sam's tummy. Drew then says "But he'll miss getting in the shower with his mom!" to which I replied "Drew what do you think this shower is tonight?" he replied "Well I think it's when Sam gets in the shower with her baby!" followed by snacks and desserts? I love how simple kids minds are! I then described to him that the word 'shower' is used because the baby is 'showered' with gifts! "Oh!!!" Drew said "that makes sense!"
4 comments:
haha makes sense eh??
I know I am stressing about throwing kathleens shower here in the next little bit. Well not really but tori is. I hope everything went well and if it makes you feel better, my veggie pizza never turns out!
I have never even tried to make a veggie pizza...anyway I had a day like that today...just wanted to scream and cry and I think I actually did both!
Oh Dear, love how literal kids are.
I hope that your Dad is ok!!
I'm sorry for your stress. That was me last Friday for the shower I did! Drew is so cute. Kids are so simple and I often forget how literal they take things. Hope everything turned out and could you please post the recipe for Veggie Pizza. I've been into Fruit Pizza lately and somebody mentioned you can do the same kind of thing with Vegetables. I thought that would be yummy!
Post a Comment