Anyway, so the fire department asked us to keep the windows all shut and get out of the house right away. So Sean runs upstairs and yanks Taylor out of her bed, I'm running around like a crazy person trying to decide if I should stop to put my bra on! ha ha Ah the first thing I think of in the emergency!
Luckily our nice neighbors Chad and Alyson just got home so they offered up their house while we waited. Long story short, the firemen did a complete check in all the corners of the house and gas appliances and everything was clear! phew! They thought maybe it is a faulty alarm not knowing how old it is or how cheap it is so they suggested we get a new one and also get a CO alarm on every level just to be safe. You don't mess around with that crap!
This morning we got up early to go to the Walk for Parkinson's down at Lake Ontario Park. My friend runs it every year and so we were kind of going to support her and help out but I'm glad we went. It was neat to go on the walk and explain to the kids why we were doing it and what a good cause it was to raise the money for a common disease. They had a lot of fun and won some door prizes including a couple of cd's and Drew won a free birthday party at Kingston Gymnastics Club! He's pretty stoked about that one! It has been beautiful here today...very humid (something I don't really notice anymore) and around 20-24 degrees! Perfect weather to be outside exercising!
So my last post was all about my stressful day on Friday...I'm happy to say that the baby shower turned out to be a riot and we had a great turn out! The veggie pizza worked out perfectly too once I started all over again. Come to find out it was a faulty recipe and I needed to tweak it a bit! Can I also say that Costco is my best friend for parties! They are always coming out with new finger foods and desserts and I'm in love! I have to admit that sometimes I take credit for the food but why not...I'm sure I could make it right?
Here is a pic of little Emma Fraser who stayed the night on Thursday because her Dad was sick in the hospital. He's home now and on the mend I think. Sweetest girl though, along with her little bro William (no pic).
Now it's time to go downstairs and put together the guest room closet for mom as she arrives on Monday! Oh wait...I have to wake up my husband first...AH!
3 comments:
I'm glad that you're house wasn't filled with Carbon Monoxide and that you're shower went well! The diaper/poop game is so sick but hilarious!
Oooh what a sick game! I'll have to remember that one for the next shower I put on for someone. Cool 911 story man! Have you ever heard of the poo bobbing game? Possibly even sicker. Email me for details if you want!
so scary. i'm glad everything was alright. glad the shower went well. seriously, such a fun but gross game! taylor is growing up so fast. she's beautiful! sean's gonna have to get the shotgun out soon!
Post a Comment