Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Waiting and pondering

So I'm sitting in the Detroit Airport for my layover before I make it to Dallas and I have the internet!!! Ok now I feel much better...I know I'm an addict what can I say!

Yesterday I went grocery shopping, cleaned the house, did all the laundry, ironed all our clothes and had the house and family ready for my departure! I'm kind of OCD about stuff like that but I would be all stressed out right now if I didn't do that before I left. It was much easier packing this time. The last time I left on vacation without Taylor was April 07 when I went to Hawaii. For some reason it's more time consuming to pack for kids. They have more little tid bits to pack other than their clothes and shoes. Anyway...it was nice to get all packed and not have to stay up all night long packing and wondering if I'm forgetting something. On the other hand...Taylor and Drew wouldn't sleep last night unless they were snuggled up against us (Drew) or constantly kicking us as they sleep perpendicular to our bodies (Tay). Needless to say I didn't get much sleep last night. When I got on the plane I breathed a huge sigh of relief to be alone with my ipod and final book from the Twilight series "Breaking Dawn"! I've been waiting to read this book for a long time so it's nice to finally indulge!

I do miss my kids though...I missed not going into Tay's room this morning and having her pop right out of her slumbers to stand up and say "hi" and smile that sweet smile at me:) Or waking up to Drew and B downstairs watching "Speedracer" with multiple granola bar wrappers on the floor from crazy hunger first thing in the morning because sleepy mum is still in bed! My friend Emily is staying there watching them and taking care of my babies and I'm sure they'll be fine:)

On a happy note I can't wait to see my sista, newbie and their precious ones! I'm SO baby hungry right now I can barely wait to hold Stephen. I've got about an hour before my second plane takes off so not much longer!

I'm having random thoughts as I sit here so bare with me! Isn't it amazing that there are so many different people in the airport together but nobody talks to eachother? I'm looking around and nobody is sitting close to eachother, half of us have earphones on (me included) and laptops open (me again) or our head in a book (me half hour ago)! It's weird to look around and think...we're all God's children and came from the same place yet we're such strangers here. Kind of sad actually.

5 comments:

Gina said...

It is weird to watch how much personal space people require, and how far out of their way they'll go to avoid one another. It is a little sad, isn't it? I love reading your posts because you are much deeper than I. I am too snarky to ponder I think. I need to work on that. Thanks for the inspiration.

Julie said...

I didn't know you were there without your kids! How fun for you and what a lovely little break! And yes, Airports are weird. So are elevators for that matter!

saltysista said...

I am that annoying person who tries to start a conversation with the person next to me at the airport! I think it's weird too how people are so afraid to talk to others. Have fun in Big D! I wish I could see the little ones too~!

Lynne said...

Have fun together, wish I was there too!

Emily said...

You aren't the only internet addict out there... I'm one too! I know people who hardly use the internet (or any technology) or don't even have it... I always wonder how they live and survive without it!? They're crazy, that's what I think.
Have fun on your trip!