Sunday, September 07, 2008

Can I remember?






I have to say first of all that I have the absolute worst memory! I'm trying to remember my last week and don't have the slightest clue what I did...let me take a moment to look at my calendar!

Ah yes...ok...well fall TV finally came back and I'm thrilled to say that my shows have delivered so far! From the raciness of Gossip Girl to the long awaited return of 90210 and finally to the transgender wanna be model on Top Model, TV time for me at night is fabulous! Some people might say it's a waste of time but I love getting involved in the characters lives! I'm such a dork I know!

So Drew started school on Wednesday and was semi-excited. It seemed like just another day at school...nothing special! I didn't get any new clothes for him as he still fits everything and it's not really time to wear pants yet so that was boring, he did get a buzz cut which looks very handsome might I add! He's in a split Senior Kindergarten/Grade 1 class so I'm excited to see what he'll learn this year since last year he learned to read! Taking after his mommy proud to add!


Brayden had his meet and greet for Junior Kindergarten with his teacher Mrs. Calcafuoco! A mouthful but he has no problem saying it!


Just to explain a little...they have two years of Kindergarten here. Once they got rid of grade 13 they felt like they had to fit in the curriculum somehow so that's what the solution was. So you can enter JK as long as you're 4 before Dec 31 of that year. They both attend Mon/Wed/ and every other Friday from 800-400 so they're full days. Brayden has his first day tomorrow where he takes the bus and everything so I'm a little sad about it but excited about the fact that I can go shopping with Jordan and only Taylor! Woo hoo!

Speaking of Jordan...she came for a visit on Thursday and it's been so much fun to have her here! We picked her up in Ottawa on Thursday night and went out to dinner at one of our fav restaurants "Lone Star". Friday Drew had school so we took the two younger kids downtown to go shopping and found some amazing jewelry store boutiqes that we'll be going to tomorrow again.


Saturday we drove a few hours to an amazing Outlet Mall in Waterloo, NY just 20 min outside of Palmyra and shopped our hearts out even though it was raining cats and dogs! Nothing stops us though...I'm afraid Jordan may be able to outshop me!! On the way home we went to Palmyra to see the Sacred Grove and Joseph Smith's home and the Hill Cumorah. It was pouring rain when we got there and the sister missionaries were looking out the window probably hoping that we weren't there for a tour. We waited a few minutes and finally when we got out of the car the rain slowed down and it was barely sprinkling while we were there for the rest of the time. It was so calming to walk around the grove though and imagine the whole story of JS. It's a cool experience to walk through there...every time no matter how many times you've been there.

Today we were at church at 8:20 to practice our song that we sang in Sacrament (O Divine Redeemer). It was a duet version that we've sung before and it went really well! I miss singing with her and she misses singing with me so we had a lot of fun doint that again!


Today we made Nana buns (her favourite) which she made me make throughout her pregnancy since that's what she craved, she made her famous McIntosh Toffee covered marshmallows and we had tacos for dinner! yum! Of course we're all still bloated around here but it's always fun to bloat yourself once and awhile! ha

Tomorrow we're shopping then we're off to Ottawa to drive her back! Her stay has been fun and we've gained a few sayings (sneaky between the cheeky)! anyone else who wants to come and visit is Welcome! We love visitors!!!

One quick funny story about Brayden this week. He ate breakfast the other day and then came into the kitchen and said "Mom, my toof hurts". So I had him show me where it was hurting and said "Brayden, what does it feel like?" and he said "It feels like something's teasing it"...ok, that is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard him say. It was adorable to see how he compared the feeling of somebody teasing him to his 'toof' hurting...just a bad feeling! He is such a cutie and I have such a special feeling for him in my heart! There is nobody like Brayden. He's the tough softy! Very tough but very sensitive at the same time!

3 comments:

Julie said...

OK...first off Taylor looks like such a big girl. How cute is her hair all pulled back...seriously! Second, Brayden is so cute. What a clever little guy. I love getting insight into little guys heads every now and then. Sound like you guys had a fun time this past week! Who is Jordan? Should I know her?

Jeni said...

That is really cute!!
UNCLE NEWBIE says to tell Bray that his teeth are always teasing him too.

Tay is adorable of course, like always! Natalies hair comes over her ear now kinda!! I cant wait for her to have taylor hair!

Fun trip, I am jeleous of Jordan! Wish I was out there!

Jeni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.