Monday, September 01, 2008

Still pushin

These faces are so typical of Taylor on a daily basis...I had to put them all together...there is actually a lot more smiling but she wasn't giving it to me yesterday!Well it's Monday morning and all I can think about is the gym! AH...I guess it's a good thing that it's on my mind this morning otherwise I might not be going. Taylor did way better Friday when I left her in babysitting and I think she actually enjoyed herself! I look forward when the boys go to school so that I can stay home and just go for a run with Tay. I haven't attempted that yet with the 3...I guess I could now that Drew is riding his bike with no training wheels but I'm not a huge fan of pushing Taylor and Brayden in the stroller together!

So I'm totally missing my family the last few days. I miss my parents who are out on their sail boat this week in the Vancouver Islands with Jeni and Newbie and little Stephen, I miss Nin and Newbs and her blogging, I miss Dan and Robyn far far away in beautiful Hawaii (so wish I was there) enjoying the beaches, I miss Bri and Robin and laughing about "I see the people" and "I'm hiding" (I can't tell you guys how many times Sean and I joked about that on our way home from your place by the way!), we miss Grandma and Grandpa and can't wait for them to come and visit in November, I miss my sis in law Sheri and her kidlets and Liam walking around with spiderman paraphernalia constantly and Zac's terrible Jewish peyos!

I also miss my extended fam, Aunt Bonnie and her new addition Ryan, cousin Shelly, John and Sandy and boys and Sunday dinners, Miller cuzzies, Chel and her hilarious antics with the magic eraser...I could go on people but I won't (sorry if I didn't mention your name btw!)

This week has been pretty low key around here. The other morning I woke up to hear the sounds of little boy voices coming from downstairs and I thought it was just my two...well when they all came upstairs there was a little boy (Nic) from down the street there too! It was about 900am mind you so I wasn't really prepared for an addition in the house. Come to find out Drew and Brayden had left the house (who knows what time!) Brayden in his hulk pj's and Drew in his hideous blue robe and walked a whole block down the street to invite Nic to come over! I was completely asleep let me add because Drew never leaves this house with the robe one! Anyway...I was really mad at first and ended up sending Nic home but later I laughed thinking about those two little boys walking down the sidewalk with their pajamas on. Could you imagine seeing that out your window at like 800 in the morning?

We've gone on multiple walks to the park allowing Drew to practice his bike riding and enjoying our new red wagon that Taylor loves to sit in for walks. Friday we went over to our friend's Samantha and Gabe's place to help them move to their new house and Sam and I cleaned her old apartment since she is 8 months preggers! Old places always feel and smell so much better when they're clean! Saturday I was home alone as Sean was working and yesterday was a typical Sunday. Sean got a new calling in the Branch as Elder's quorum President so he's excited and stressed already! He'll do great though, he's already buzzing with ideas. After church we came home (minus Sean) and realized that we were locked out of our house. I had lost my keys earlier that week so I was using my spare set that has no house key and none of my doors were unlocked. So we went to the backyard and got down and dirty in the window well to the basement and jarred it open. Brayden volunteered to be lowered into the basement so I crouched down and lowered him down, meanwhile Taylor is climbing into the window well trying to get right beside me and ultimately causing me to drop Brayden! Luckily he landed on some soft toys (we were lowering him into the toy room) and when he landed he shouted "I landed on the toys! I did it!!!" So he was our hero for the day! Susie and IOur friends Susie and Danny invited us over for some dinner so we spent the rest of our day and evening over there. They have a beautiful property so the kids enjoyed playing hide n seek and swinging on their enormous tree swing! Danny is the Branch Pres. so him and Sean were able to talk shop for awhile giving Susie and I time to stuff our faces with Phil's home made funnel cakes! yum!Phil and Sean (he is our usual babysitter, Taylor has a total crush)Madison aka: Madi-soo
Here is a praying mantis that was at the dinner table, the kids all thought it was the guy from Kung Fu Panda.
Today it's gym, school supplies, lunch supplies and whatever else happens!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Libby I with you on the gym thing. I've got to get back to it. I also feel it with the missing family! I have had those exact feelings all week.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry that you're so homesick for family. I know the feeling! I hope you miss me cause I miss you!

Fernandez Family said...

I love your blog. You give me so much inspiration...I seriously need to get to the gym or at least out walking on a regular basis. Keep with the updates! I love your hair - you look so good! Can't believe how fast your kiddies are growin!

Heather Palmer said...

I'm sorry you are feeling homesick. I miss my family too. It's so hard being far away.

Love the preying mantis shot. My kids loved that movie...Nixon walks around all day saying "Scadooosh".

Nadine said...

Hi Libby,

Sorry I have been out of touch. Just alot going on and I am feeling terrible. Sorry your homesick and missing your family so much, since my sister was here I miss my niece and nephews so much it hurts. Take care, love ya and wish the miles apart were suddenly erased...

Jeni said...

fun pictures lib, although i cant see tay very well in your calloge of her! i was just telling mom how bad i miss you too :(

Jeni said...

do i inspire you to gym it?? i gained 5 llbs last week... bla!!
i was just telling mom how much i miss you too!
i love that story of the boys,m although kinda scary... btw did my last comment not work?