Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Home

Utah trip

Well our trip ended with a couple of nights at Grandma Betty Jean's house in Syracuse, UT. Saturday we went swimming at Lagoon at the water park and then off to Sean's mission reunion in Lehi. It was so great for him to catch up with some old companions and friends of his and we even got Sis. Thorderson (mission president's wife) to give up her famous pizza rolls recipe that Sean loves so much! I'll have to see if I can do them justice!

Sunday we went to church with Grandma and just spent the day relaxing and went for a little swim when the sun started to go down and it wasn't so dang hot out!

Monday morning we flew back to Newark, NJ and luckily I have no airplane stories this time. There was a couple of people sitting in front of Sean that kept turning around everytime Taylor would scream and so he started to sit forward and stare at them whenever they would do that. Kind of give them some of their own medicine! So funny...I love that he's on Taylor's side and not against her, staring at me with the rest of them!

We decided to stay in Rockaway, NJ Monday night and had a relaxing time and pigged out on 2 whole pizzas for all 5 of us! Yes...we were starving and it was SO worth it! The next day we didn't home until around 10pm because we stopped at some outlet malls somewhere in Pennsylvania and then dinner in Syracuse, NY. It was nice not having to rush anywhere and just enjoy the trip home:) The kids were great as usual...they are such awesome travelers!

I'm sad that the trip is over but glad to be home I guess:) I've spent today just cleaning my house and doing laundry and trying to get everything unpacked so that I feel somewhat normal again. There is alot to do in our basement before the carpet gets installed in a couple of weeks so I want everything else in order before I go down there. I HAVE to go grocery shopping today and hopefully I can drag everybody back into our car to do it!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Lib Tay looks so much like you. I love her swim suit!
I cant believe she is jumping in good for her!
The boys are doing so awesome!

Lynne said...

Cute pictures in the pool. Betty Jean looks great. What a fun end to a fun trip, expecially the 2 large pizzas in the hotel room.

saltysista said...

I love Tay's suit, too. You look great, Libby, by the way. Glad you had such a fun trip!