Also this morning I discovered the best bakery ever! It's actually dangerous that I've found this place because it will for sure be calling my name once a week! They make buns that are close to the same taste as my homemade ones, except I don't have to make them!
Yesterday, Susie one of my good friends came over to help me paint downstairs. This brown color needed another coat and this is pretty much the finished color, I have a few touch ups but all in all it looks great...and thanks to Susie for helping me break down my OCD for a short enough period to allow her to help me!
While we were driving this morning I wasn't really listening to Drew babble in the back seat, I was listening to my music but I could hear him. He was talking about some animals that were nocturnal and how they sleep in the day and hunt and eat at night. Then I hear him say "Hey, I think Dad is nocturnal too. He works at night and sometimes when he comes home in the day he falls asleep!" I thought that was pretty clever for him to put that together. I think he's right though, Dad turns nocturnal on some rotations around here, especially now that he's on General Surgery right now...it's brutal!
Speaking of never seeing him, he leaves tomorrow until Sunday for Quebec City. He has some kind of Orthopedic conference to attend. It'll be fun for him to spend some time with a buddy from Med School who is also going from Saskatchewan so I'm glad he'll have that. Maybe he'll even have some time to golf! He needs the break! I'm looking forward to seeing my brother on Monday (9th), it'll be nice to catch up!
9 comments:
Hey! I love Tay's crocs! Pink rocks! I wish I had a little girl to put those cute little croccers on! ha ha...I love the brown too. I love the nocturnal story. Ha ha ha. Kids are so flipin funny eh?
Kids say the funniest things! Your basement is looking great!
The colors are really nice! Is the bathroom the same blue? I also got a pair of crocs the same color at Costco yesterday. They look cuter on Tay though. She is looking so grown-up! Can't wait to see her.
haha drew is hillarious. He is so smart. I love the things they think of! I woudl love to get into their heads!!
Nat has the same color crocks and we LOVE them. she wears them everyday!
Congrats to the boys for their gymnastics!!
oh ya, the basement looks rad. is that blue or grey?
that's too cute!! amazing the things they think of. i love taylor's crocs! those are super cute.
hey, in answer to your comment on my blog, yes! I DID put a chunk of black underneath. Actually my hairstylist did it. I love it. It's cool and funky for a change. I should post a pic on my blog. You're the first one who's said anything about it!
We can be loners for the weekend together. G is gone to a conference too. Too bad we don't live closer! I loved the story about dad being nocturnal. Hilarious! Smarty pants. Your basement looks great!! It will be so nice for you to have it done.
I miss Canadian Tire...I totally forgot about that store. It is a great place to shot. Not sure I would trade that for Target, and all of the other stores I love down here...I'm kind of getting sad about moving home.
G just clarified for me that this weekend isn't the conference...that is in July. Apparently he's just ditching me for fun this weekend. ;)
Post a Comment