Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rock it out Sista!


So Sean has had a huge desire to learn the drums lately and so we've been to almost every music store in the City checking out drum sets and prices and giving him a chance to play. He bought some sticks just so that he could start practicing on anything at home! So I told him I"m not sure it was a good idea to go out and just buy a drum set when he didn't really play at all yet...so what does he comes home with yesterday? Rockband! I guess it's a good in betweener for him to learn on, plus I can play with him and it's so FUN! Last night we rocked it out for about an hour...I love it because I have started learning the guitar and so playing the guitar part is a fun way to feel like I know what I'm doing! Plus my fingers don't hurt afterwards!


Here is a pic of Taylor and Brayden doing the singing portion...all you have to do is put a mic up to her face and she will belt it out for you...she knows exactly what it's for!


So I went to a cute movie on Tuesday night "What Happens in Vegas" with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher and it was really cute! A good classic comedy with Diaz.


I have to come out and say that I have a total addiction to popcorn. I have to have it every night or I get the shakes! I especially crave movie popcorn and probably look forward to the popcorn more than the movie...sad I know but it's just so freakin good! Nothing can come in my way of my popcorn fix!


Yesterday I finally convinced Sean to go to the backyard and mow the lawn! I love it freshly mowed and boy did it need it after the long winter...there were little nests of rabbit poop under the trampoline so it's nice to have that all gone and clean! Now he just needs to trim so hopefully he'll conquer that on Saturday! I need to get to my flower gardens and my big garden out in my yard. They are kind of messy leftovers from the last owner of the house and I don't know what she planted but it's ugly! I just want to gut them all and start over...maybe I'll venture outside today and start that. I'm sure the kids won't mind getting dirty! Can I just tell you something I love in the summertime? I love when the kids get filthy outside because after you give them a bath they smell SO good. There is nothing better than a freshly bathed child in clean pj's all lotioned up and ready for bed! Definitely one of my favourite smells!

I took some pics of the kids sitting on the counter this morning eating their pancakes. I was jealous, it's been so long since I indulged in a pancake! :(

Well the basement is coming along slowly...the drywall guy comes in every day around 130 for a few hours...you'd think they would be here from morning all day but no...hopefully we haven't been designated as the last house on the important scale! Anyway, as far as I know it should be finishing up by the end of next week so I'll keep my fingers crossed. My brother is coming on June 9 to tile our bathroom so I'm excited to see him and get that done! I finally ordered my vanity and I'm really excited to see how it looks down there! Now I need to pick out my tile, paint colors and carpet and I'm good to go! Once the drywall is done I'll take some more pictures. It's a lot of fun and I'm not sure we'll want to go anywhere once it's all completed...good think we have another 5 years to enjoy it!

5 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

I LOVE that he bought Rockband. We have guitar hero and have been debating Rockband as well...maybe after I show this to Gannon he will end up taking the leap. So fun!

I'm so excited for you that your basement is almost done! That will be awesome for you and your kids to enjoy!!! Now we just need to come visit so we can check it out in person. :)

Alysha Sladek said...

i've wanted to try rockband for sooo long!! it looks like it's a blast! your kids are so cute! you're so lucky to have a yard. that's one thing i'm DYING for! can't wait to see updated pics of the basement. that'll be awesome to have finished.

Jeni said...

cant wait to see the basement picures. Rockband looks so so fun too! I need to come back out there soon!

saltysista said...

We have Guitar Hero 3 and that is pretty fun. Rockband looks sweet. Ok is it a Miller thing with the popcorn? I know Dad eats it at night and I know Dan loves it and I remember Rick and John eating it every single night. That's funny.

Lynne said...

Cute pictures, especially the one Where Brayden is trying to help Tay sing into the mic! I miss talking to you but we are having a wonderful time. I have to keep pinching myself that I am in the holy land. Today we went to Bethlehem, which is in Palestine territory, and it was a bit scary, but there are people with machine guns all over, especially young people in the Israel army. Can't wait to finish my blog and let you