Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Pulling my hair out!


So I'm sitting here and felt the need to post since it will keep me away from my screaming kids and get my feelings out in the open! AH
Some days I just have no patience and every little whine or whimper or fighting or "mom look" "mom can I have...." "Mom I'm hungry" "Mom he hit me" "Mom I want a drink...no not that easy glass of water or juice box I want the crystal light single packets in a cold water bottle shaken 10 times back and forth"! I'm just kidding they've never been that specific but today that's what it feels like.

Our electrician came over this morning early to finish his work downstairs and so we missed gymnastics again :( oh well so we went to Home Depot to check out some light fixtures and bathroom vanities and such which was fine, except Brayden kept running out of my sight and driving me crazy, I felt like I was calling his name the whole time to come back where I could see him! Then we went to Home Sense to check things out and found nothing...then to Sports chek where we found a cute bike for Brayden (he's been without for our walks), then to Toys-R-Us for a booster seat and a couple odds and ends. Drew has been whining all day that he wanted Pokemon cards at ToysRUs and I seriously didn't want to hear about it anymore! Fortunately for him I gave in at the store and don't regret it actually as he's very into them right now and playing with Brayden!

Anyway...I was starving when we got home, Taylor was screaming from her burning diaper rashed bum and the boys were outside on the trampoline. Everything was fine until Brayden starts to scream at the top of his lungs because he hurt his knee...nothing bad of course but for some reason my kids like to scream...not cry when they're hurt, but scream! What is that? Very dramatic around here! So then my sweet husband calls while this is all happening and of course I get short with him and he quickly says that his clinic is starting (which I'm sure it wasn't but he wasn't about to talk to me when I was like that)! Sorry honey I really do love you!

I finally got some lunch, Taylor went to bed and now we all have full tummies and are a bit happier and not as insane!

I'm trying SO hard not to yell at them and when I talk to them I try to stay completely calm so that at least they don't get it both ways, out of their mouth and out of mine!

Being a mother is wonderful but it sure has it's days and moments and a good cry can be really flushing sometimes...unfortunately I don't usually let myself do that because I feel like if I did I'd never get back to normal! So here I am, blogging instead of crying and trying to vent to anybody that will hear me! Am I the only one going crazy some days? Yes that's right, I'm asking for sympathy people!!! ha I'm going to post some cute pictures of my kids to remind me how sweet they all are!

This is a short video of Taylor showing me that she is poopy...I know it's gross but I thought it was cute as this was the first time she's pointed to her diaper when she knew she was poopy!

8 comments:

Nadine said...

Libby,
You are so funny with that pic of you. Classic. Sorry to hear about your day although that video of Taylor is sure cute as much as you wanted to pull your hair out.:) Hey you should look at costco.ca and go under hardware tab and look for your lighting, vanity, etc. Great $$ and super cool looks!!

saltysista said...

Tough day! That is awesome you put that pic you up. Taylor is so cute. I can't wait to see her. I hope you get to have a nice relaxing night.

Lynne said...

I remember those days!! Believe it or not, one day you will wish them back. They grow up way too quickly!

houseofhud said...

I don't have any advice to give you because I TOTALLY know what you are going through with the whiney kids. I think I yell at my kids 75% of the day, almost every day. I'll have to check back to your comments and see if there is any good advice!!!

Jeni said...

i have those days all the time, I think every mom does. and good for you for leaving the room. That vid of tay is so cute, jibber jabber - I love it, I think nat taught her how to jabber when she was in dallas~

Heather Palmer said...

That sounds like my day! :) Madi does the same thing when she gets hurt...no crying just SCREAMING and I always end up getting after her for the horrid noise rather than comforting her for the injury.

Anyway - sorry about your tough day. I really do relate!!!

Marilee said...

Libby, Trust me when I tell you that you are not alone!! Oh my goodness do I ever understand those days! The worst is that after you get past being irritated and annoyed and the kids are back to being "angels" then you feel bad that you were ever mad at them! Oh well, such is the circle of motherhood!

tlr said...

Like Marilee said you are NOT alone. We all have those days, it's a good thing that kids sleep so that we can renew our sanity and remember that they are angel and so cute. And like your mom said they grow up too fast and you may wish those days were back! Leaving is a good thing sometimes, helps to keep you sane!