Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's been awhile...

May 29

Well my mom mentioned to me the other day that she was waiting for me to blog and I didn't realize that it's been so long for me! It's been a long week...well since Sunday. I missed church because Taylor is teething and has been really clogged up and sore. Just today she looks like she is feeling better...at least she's not pulling at my leg and screaming at me 24/7 anymore. It's been tiring for me...I'm not used to my kids being so clingy so I've had to take myself out of my normal schedule to be there for her. Poor thing...she has been so stuffy she could hardly breath and didn't suck on her soother too much...just chewed on it! I finally gave her some popsicles the other day and she gobbled two in a row within 10 min. I think those helped out a bit! Why didn't I think of that sooner!

Monday was the boys first soccer practice/game and they had fun. Drew really got into it...he's the little player and loves to learn and try his best...half way through the practice though I noticed Brayden wasn't in the croud and when I looked I saw him over on the hill rolling down sideways! He kind of lost interest...it's times like this that I can really tell the difference in their ages. So many times I kind of chunk them together as the same age because they do everything together...but in soccer he's definitely a 3 year old! I love Brayden though, he's so curious about everything, it cracks me up!

So the drywallers finished up on Tuesday and I was down there painting the second they left! So far I've got the main color all primed and because I tinted the primer I"m hoping I might only need one coat of the main color! We'll see how it looks after the first coat! I got up really early this morning and primed the bedroom but I have to wait to do the bathroom until the lights are installed in there. Our electrician is coming either today or tomorrow to put up all my lights and sockets so probably Saturday I'll be able to get in there. Dan is coming in about 10 days to tile our bathroom so I want to get all the painting done before he gets here. I think at this point it's doable considering the amount that I've done already in a couple of days. I love painting! It's hard work on your body (and neck) but so worthwhile...I'm a total perfectionist though and hate asking for help! If my dad was here he'd be helping me but I don't feel like I can ask anybody else! In our last house my dad and I painted the entire house by ourselves...he trimmed and I rolled and then we would switch sometimes. I feel like the basement is my baby this time and I don't want to share it with anyone! I think I'm a little OCD sometimes...oh well, there are worse traits to have!

So today Sean is on call again so I need to go and buy some more paint so that I can be down there tonight to do another coat hopefully! I had Drew come downstairs and take some pictures this morning while I was painting so thanks to Drew I have something documented! They are interesting angles but I like them!

4 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I love painting too. Dont' know why, but i love it. the basement is looking really good. sorry to hear taylor hasn't been feeling well. i hate the whole teething stage... it's BRUTAL!!

Jeni said...

ahhhhhhhh nat is teething too... and that bugger is sick tay!!
basement looking great and so are you!!

Jeni said...

SO I TOTALLY THOUGHT TAYS BOOGS WERE SICK BUT THEN I LOOKED OVER AND NAT TONIGHT AND HERS ARE THE SAME EXACT COLOR AND TEXTURE AND EVERYTHING. POOR SICK GIRLS. NATALIE HAS 4 COMING IN... WHICH MEANS SHE WILL HAVE 16 TEETH. SHE IS A BEAST!

Lynne said...

That picture of Taylor was really cute from a distance, then i did a close up- ugh.... Hope she feels better soon. and the basement is looking great! Can't wait to see the finished product!