Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day at the Circus

May 17 Circus

Today was a fun one...we had tickets to the Circus here in town at 4:00 so we headed out at 2:00 to get in line. It was rushed seating which didn't end up being too bad since they only filled up like 1/8 of the arena! Anyway...I'm glad we were there early just in case! So at the beginning they had the floor open to the public to go on an elephant ride, get your face painted, go down a gigantic blow up slide or ride on a car behind the pony's. The boys really wanted to slide but we held off until the intermission. Just down the row from us was a little boy who had just gotten his face painted like spiderman and Brayden noticed it and LOVED it. So I took him down to get his face painted since he's never had that done before and I thought it would be cool! He sat really still and smiled a couple of times at me while it was happening...but when she was finished she held up the mirror to his face and he was not happy! I think he got really embarrassed and hated the attention it was bringing to his face. He wouldn't smile and kind of curled into a shell which is totally unlike Brayden if you know him! So he refused to go back to his seat so I took him to the bathroom. He cried for me to wash it off until finally I gave in and just thought...this isn't worth bawling about...but when I tried to rub it off clearly it needed some major soap...so I stopped! I told him that I couldn't take it off until we got home so he should get over it and stop crying so we don't miss the circus! So he sat on the bathroom counter for about 5 whole minutes just crying it out. I went and stood by the wall and let him cry until he was finished. Mom's were coming in staring at me like "what are you doing? Aren't you going to pick him up?" Whatever...I know my kid and he just needed to cry for a moment and get over it! Anyway so he said he wanted to go for a walk and we talked about getting chocolate which perked him right up! Once we watched a bit of the show he felt his face and it felt dry so he got happy and said "it's just my face mom!" By the time we got home tonight for bed he quickly changed into his spiderman pajamas and went to bed with his face. I think I'll try to go and take a picture of him!


It was fun though...our friends Danny and his daughter Madison came with us (his wife and teenage kids are away on a youth conference trip) and we caught a bite after which was fun and yummy! Taylor ate SO much I thought her stomach was going to pop!


I decided that I don't love circus's though. The clowns are kind of annoying and the main guy, I don't know what he's called, the announcer? Anyway, he's super fake and cornball! I know it's good for the kids but c'mon...can we get any cornier? Some cool acts but I think it's funny how as we get older the things we remember as kids just aren't the same anymore. Things are more boring than we remember...does anyone agree? It's good for my kids to enjoy it though, I love to see their faces light up when they see acrobats doing crazy things! Plus I could always enjoy a big bag of circus popcorn right? mmm!


Well I have to decide what I'm doing in sharing time tomorrow and I now have a new calling, self appointed calling, but what do you do when nobody else will do it...Sunbeam teacher. Oh well, it'll keep me busy on Sunday's...run the primary and then teach the class! It just eats at me when the teacher doesn't show up for sunbeams...they need somebody there every week...they are just little guys who are learning fresh...they are important too! So it'll be fun and rewarding to see them learn. Tomorrow we're talking about our ears! Maybe I'll take them outside to listen to the sounds of nature!


Mom and Dad I miss you guys and your stories sound so cool! Can't wait to hear about the Garden of Gesthemane! Talk to you soon:) If anyone wants to read about their adventures you can go to http://stephenmiller.wordpress.com/. Also check out the new video below in the next post "Big Brother Blues".


This video is of this morning when Sean was helping Taylor to drum on Rockband...she loves to drum...I didn't catch her jumping up and down and screaming like she did yesterday but this is pretty cute!

7 comments:

Jeni said...

was sean in inappropriate video clothing?! hence the wrap?!

Jeni said...

HOW did you get green gras? you had snow still when it was hot here nad we still have no green grass.... ok a little.
anyway, I couldn't tell ya the last time I was at the circus but it looks fun! Noone was there though huh? Poor little bray with his face. he is soooo cute!

houseofhud said...

Don't you love the screaming temper tantrums and then the looks you get from other people?!? Some people just need to mind their own business. BTW...I took the Castor oil on Thursday, had contractions for about a good 3 or 4 hours and then when my mom got here to watch the kids so we could go to the hospital, they just stopped. I'm going to try again on Wednesday...my due date.

saltysista said...

I don't really remember the circus but maybe that is a good thing?? Brayden is so funny...poor little guy.

saltysista said...

Oh your yard looks awesome! It is so big!

Julie said...

So not into circus's and I've never even been to one. All I know is that clowns are FREAKY! What's with the new calling? Are you the primary pres/sunbeam teacher? Poor little Brayden. He's so cute and his face really did look cool!

Nadine said...

That looks like so much fun. Too funny on the face painting. Funny how kids are hey?! Lokks like you guys have had lots of nice weather. Chat soon...